• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    One begets the other. You need to define quantities to even begin a discussion like that. And even then, it may be that people are equally protective of both. And a person who would ignore one would likely ignore the other.
    you sound like a politician skirting sround answer. so now money and possessions are as import as your liberty and freedom?

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Just like you, the collectivist thought process of punishing the masses because of the actions of the few is mind numbing to me. Remember when the school teacher used to keep everyone from going to recess when a couple of knot heads would screw up? Did it ever keep the knot heads from doing it again...and again? NO <well except when they got the tar beat out of them>

If we are going to treat people as adults, then hold them individually accountable, otherwise you get the system we have which is to treat everyone like children and make everyone miserable for the failures of a few. Justice? I think not.

...but then again, who says that justice and the law have anything in common? <Brian Aitken comes to mind>
    i fail to see why its "collectivist" to want to prevent something that blatantly disregards safety and puts people lives at risk for no other reason then your simple convenience.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    And where is anarchy being proposed? Were our founders supporters of property rights (which is not anarchy by the way) or a nanny state that you seem to be fond of? I see nobody advocating lawlessness.

I wsa answering a question about why claiming anarchy is not introducing a strawman, which is what you just did.

You have no clue what I'm fond of. There's a long way between my belief system and a nanny state. I am willing to accept that in certain matters government is necessary. That is acceptance of reality, as opposed to raising unicorns on Fantasy Island.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i fail to see why its "collectivist" to want to prevent something that blatantly disregards safety and puts people lives at risk for no other reason then your simple convenience.

Take a hard look at the sentence you wrote.

Collectivism has been described as the philosophy by which the group (e.g. a class, race, society, state, etc.) is put before the individual.

Putting peoples lives (society) over your (individual) simple convenience.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    you sound like a politician skirting sround answer. so now money and possessions are as import as your liberty and freedom?

Are we talking about a $100 fine? Or losing all the wealth and possessions that you have worked for in your entire life? Are we talking about a night in jail, or life in prison? Misdemeanor or felony? Which would you choose? What does this prove?

Criminal charges aren't going to save lives. The threat of being sued for everything you have is already a risk that people face. Putting these non-violent texters in jail, and making me pay to lock them up, is something I don't support. I'm tired of locking up non-violent idiots for every dumb thing they do. This is the essence of the Nanny State. If you don't agree, that's fine. It is what it is.

I can see it now... "Hey!! HEY!! Drop the phone! Drop the phone!!!" *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom*

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wsa answering a question about why claiming anarchy is not introducing a strawman, which is what you just did.

You have no clue what I'm fond of. There's a long way between my belief system and a nanny state. I am willing to accept that in certain matters government is necessary. That is acceptance of reality, as opposed to raising unicorns on Fantasy Island.

And if our "certain matters" aren't the same as yours, we're anarchists, unicorn farmers, etc.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    Are we talking about a $100 fine? Or losing all the wealth and possessions that you have worked for in your entire life? Are we talking about a night in jail, or life in prison? Misdemeanor or felony? Which would you choose? What does this prove?
    now your just playing coy, you are well aware of the types and amounts these types of judgments bring. so would you rather have to pay a $500,000 fine or be sentenced to 20+ years in prison.

Criminal charges aren't going to save lives. The threat of being sued for everything you have is already a risk that people face. Putting these non-violent texters in jail, and making me pay to lock them up, is something I don't support. I'm tired of locking up non-violent idiots for every dumb thing they do. This is the essence of the Nanny State. If you don't agree, that's fine. It is what it is.

I can see it now... "Hey!! HEY!! Drop the phone! Drop the phone!!!" *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom* *boom*
    you don't have to be violent to kill some one with your intentional actions.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Are we talking about a $100 fine? Or losing all the wealth and possessions that you have worked for in your entire life?
    What's the going rate for mowing down and crushing the skull of grandpa? I mean he was 80...it's not like he was productive or anything...right? Would a teenager or a baby be worth more on your "pay a fine" scale?

:drama:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    A fair comparison is that you can carry a gun in public, however if you violate the rights of others (shoot at them) you will be punished for it

..it follows that...

you can eat your ice cream cone, text, and drive all you want until you violate the rights of others (cause a car accident).

Laws which seek to punish people BEFORE they violate others rights is what they do in Communist nations.
    kind of like the dui laws we have now?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Hell...according to you he should just have to pay a fine.

This poor SOB gets 30 months probation. $100 should have covered it...right?

No, I think he's advocating 1 justice system for all. If cops can get paid for texting and killing, why should we get thrown in jail for life?

Top Bottom