• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Probably good advertising for ponying up the extra for the shipping insurance. My fear would be, even though it was found, it’s probably not “like new” any more.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All joking aside, this was a win. Whoever took it was too stupid to realize what they had, or they knew exactly what they had and no way to offload it. But having an 82A1 on the street is a BAD thing for everyone, and now that it’s off the street, I feel better.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I always considered it to be a negative situation when you have to pay them extra to do their job right the first time.

I get that. But...they state in their contract with you how much they’ll cover losses (IIRC), so we have to roll the dice. I’ve done it before and so far haven’t gotten anything stolen like this.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I get that. But...they state in their contract with you how much they’ll cover losses (IIRC), so we have to roll the dice. I’ve done it before and so far haven’t gotten anything stolen like this.

It doesn't change the fact you MUST pay them more to do their job properly the first time. I get the insurance thing. I shipped thousands of items through UPS, USPS, Fedex, DHL, etc.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Local ING writes off a TOE M60 as unserviceable. Replacement arrives via US Mail late Friday afternoon. Box sits outside leaned up against the wall at the main entrance. Armory is rented for the next day for a wedding. It was still there Monday morning. I'm guessing someone had a bad Monday.

MH

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Local ING writes off a TOE M60 as unserviceable. Replacement arrives via US Mail late Friday afternoon. Box sits outside leaned up against the wall at the main entrance. Armory is rented for the next day for a wedding. It was still there Monday morning. I'm guessing someone had a bad Monday.

MH
    I see what you mean, if my wife found out I left a perfectly serviceable M60 that was supposed to be our wedding gift behind at the Armory, Monday would have SUCKED!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Dude imagine being a methhead who raided a UPS truck and came home to open up a friggin' Barrett.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think he was referring to Methane Herder's post:

MH

Top Bottom