• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Did you get his badge number? I think you should call and get him some rep in the dept :)

Don't do that. I know you guys mean well, but if the officer's supervisor doesn't care for him expressing that particular opinion you may just as easily get him in trouble as get him an attaboy.

DR II

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    I thought that they no longer had the right to publish that info in indiana???

I have been told that its now not published??

What is correct??

Thanks

jdewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    This story is awesome all the way around!! It honestly makes my day to know there are still good honest LEOs out there with something of use inside that spherical object on top of their shoulders.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    great story. Seems to be so few on here, not sure if thats just cause nothing but negative encounters, OR no one usually posts the positives. Just like going out to eat, people rarely give good rep out to the place, but if its screwed up, they tell everyone. Glad that you are spreading the word on a good one.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    I thought that they no longer had the right to publish that info in indiana???

I have been told that its now not published??

What is correct??

Thanks

It is in the database now, when they run your drivers license or license plate number it comes up. It has not been published, but it is available to law enforcement.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I talked to this officer long enough to find out he knows a couple of other local officers that are customers of mine.
    He also knows one officer on the same force that I went through High School and boot camp with.

I did't get his badge number, but I did get his name, and that I won't forget.

Most of you don't know me. There are one or two on these boards that have met me.
    I've been accused of resembling Osama Bin Laden. I've also been told I resemble almost everyone on "Duck Dynasty". I've not seen the show. Maybe I should give it a look.
    My point here is, I'm NOT a "clean-cut, all-American jock" looking type of individual. I more closely resemble someone you might see mothers pulling their children away from. "Hells Angels" look?

Anyway, I get attitudes and side-ways looks from a lot of people in the general public. Law enforcement almost always seem to scrutinize me a little closer than others. Call it profiling. I expect it.

This was just one more facet of today's meeting that made it unique, and enjoyable.

Maybe it had something to do with the circumstances of the encounter. I was called there to "help" by removing a deer from the road-side after-all. I wasn't pulled over for an infraction, or reported as a suspicious character.
    Still, by the gentleman's demeanor, I like to think he was just a truly nice guy, who seemed to want to chat.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm thinking Frank_N_Stein has found a new way to self promote. Did he put you up to this? My money is on this being a thinly disguised "Attention whore story #4" :D

My firstv thought was this Officer must not be an INGO member or he would have a sore arm from patting himself on the back.:D

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Glad to hear of this. I've heard the same from a few LEO's here too. Common the further south you go. If the movement would just continue to grow up north, it'd be great.

Top Bottom