• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    God bless. Thank you for doing what you are doing. The patriotic heart and the warrior spirit exercised with integrity and honor are always appreciated by those of us who went before.

Semper Fi to you my Army brother!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As some of you might remember, this past March I swore into the US Army. I leave for basic training in 10 days with my childhood friend. We will be in Oklahoma for basic, then Virginia for AIT.

I might be able to post an update a few times during basic. I've been told by recent graduates that Drill Sergeants sometimes give you your phone on weekends.

And also, I've been playing an absolutely ridiculous amount of sand volleyball this summer against real good people. I learned that you can play in the Army and try to get on the Army team that competes against the other branches. You can also try for a spot in the Olympics through the Army. So that is my new goal. Army team, then Olympics. So yeah, I'm going to work my tail off to achieve this goal.

Thanks to everyone who has given me info on everything from guns, knives, life and politics. I truly appreciate all of it and won't forget it anytime soon.

Special thanks to Repeter1977 for giving me A LOT of very helpful information about the Army.
    Everyone should go rep him for being a great guy.
    You're still here? Go, do it now! :)

Well yeah thanks for everything. I'll talk to you guys when I can. Can't wait to serve my country!:patriot:

If I can ask one thing. Pray for me (Justin) and my battle buddy (Zach)

God Bless. Phil 4:13

P.S. Tebow CAN throw! :D

Glad to hear, be safe, just remember its a game, take the training seriously, listen to what they say and make sure your battle buddy does as well. You will do fine. Glad that I could help you and welcome to the Army. :patriot:
    Update us when you can, if you can, but remember, family then friends. Let us know if you need anything.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Enjoy BCT!

I was 3rd Platoon Btry D "Rock Hard", 1/19 FA myself! You'll get used to the day and night artillery, I promise!

Don't worry about a thing. BCT was fun, looking back on it. It was three months of hell while I was there.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Hooah and good luck troop!!!

You will not enjoy basic until you are done with it!

Thanks for joining the Army and continuing the tradition of men stepping up to protect the country.

Thanks for protecting me and my family and friends as well!!!

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    God speed and may He keep you safe. Remember INGO and, above all, whatever may happen, remember to uphold the Constitution! You'll be serving for our freedom!!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... Embrace the times when it sucks the most because those will be your fondest memories once you are out.

This pretty much sums up the military experience. I would add that those you share those times with and those that break bread and bleed with you will be the ones you remember as well.

Godspeed until you return to us! :patriot:

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words and advice. I'll be going to the recruiters Sunday at 1pm, going to the hotel in Chicago. MEPS Monday morning, then airport. Be in Oklahoma by Monday night. Getting pretty nervous but excited as well.

Top Bottom