• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... and likely to be featured in an article for the Indiana Lawyer ...
    Do you get a centerfold spread as well?

Does her sentence fall in line with your clients' experiences? I guess with house arrest does she have to wear an ankle monitor? Hopefully the county will keep paying the bill. Up in Houston the company that actually provided and monitored the ankle bracelets got in a dispute with local government over non-payments, so the company turned off the monitoring and removed the monitors (company property) from the monitorees.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do you get a centerfold spread as well?

Does her sentence fall in line with your clients' experiences? I guess with house arrest does she have to wear an ankle monitor? Hopefully the county will keep paying the bill. Up in Houston the company that actually provided and monitored the ankle bracelets got in a dispute with local government over non-payments, so the company turned off the monitoring and removed the monitors (company property) from the monitorees.
    Centerfold? Too much Bakblade required. Maybe an an interview?

Turn ons: Centurion Arms, LMT, Colt, Old Smith & Wesson revolvers, training classes, SEPs. and ammunition on sale at normal prices.

Turn offs: Prosecutors, Indiana Department of Revenue, Paralegals who triple book me, and E-toro not letting me buy dips.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    That would be a lot funnier, if it didn't hit so close to the mark.

Well, not for me anyway.
    But for those stuck in home.
    I didn't really feel like I was "stuck at home". I kind of liked having it as an excuse not to socialize that much!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I didn't really feel like I was "stuck at home". I kind of liked having it as an excuse not to socialize that much!

Well, fortunately, working at a steel mill doesn't really qualify as "socialize".
    I get a call a sensor is bad (or radio, or whatever).
    I go fix the sensor (or radio, or whatever).
    I call them back to say it's complete.

If I really want to, I can go to the control room and "socialize".
    And when we're all sick of it, then I go back to my "shop"

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Defendant sentenced. She got house arrest. I hope she gets the help she needs.

The way I was jerked around as a victim was maddening and likely to be featured in an article for the Indiana Lawyer (which I know you all read cover to cover).

Officer O'Donnell, thank you again.
    Screw the justice system.....if you want justice you just have to get it on your own now days. The courts are worthless. Rinse and repeat.....

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Screw the justice system.....if you want justice you just have to get it on your own now days. The courts are worthless. Rinse and repeat.....
    Well, alrighty, then. Advise the lawyer to "screw the justice system..." Should work out just fine, eh?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, um, no. Let's stay out of prison, mmm'kay?

A felony conviction, a few days in the county jug and house arrest is just fine and not out of line with the market in Tippecanoe County. The hassle factor was thick but I lived through it.

It could have been much worse: the elected Prosecuting Attorney could have stayed in and dicked this up hard and fast, OR Officer O'Donnell could have not cared. He cared and I celebrate this fact.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Well, alrighty, then. Advise the lawyer to "screw the justice system..." Should work out just fine, eh?
    Nothing against Kirk. He is a world class attorney, I would never advise him, lol. In fact, I may need his advise someday myself. I know some damn fine cops as well, but I can not excuse the justice system, it just sucks! Nobody goes to jail anymore. The lady in Mr. Freemans case has only been busted like 18 times in Tippecanoe county....she will never learn and will continue to be a thieving waste of oxygen and will soon enough make someone else a victim.

As long as we let criminals go with no punishment, the more crime we get. There use to be a day where you got caught with a firearm as a felon you did time, now you don't even get a felony, and you can do it 2-3 times. But yet lawmakers will continue to blame law abiding citizens for the failures they are to be blamed for. They will continue to try to take the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens instead of doing what should be done. I would like to know what % of murders are committed by people with serious criminal records who should not even be out amongst society.

A good example is FedEx shooter. You can't blame gun owners, you can't blame cops, you can't blame his mother, you can't blame Dr.s gunmaker or the gun shop or the ATF.........but it does sound like we can blame the Marion County Prosecutor. The buck has to stop with someone and Prosecutors and Judges are just weak on crime now days, and the murder/crime rate shows it.

Enough of my ranting, this stuff just chaps my ass. Best to you guys.

Top Bottom