• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Just wanted to drop a thank you to everyone for being potentially keeping me out of jail. Getting ready to head out on a sort of last minute mini road trip that will see me pass through, but not stop in, Ohio. I could've sworn that I read somewhere that I only had to unload my gun and put it in my locked center console to be in compliance with Ohio law, but decided to double check. Used the SEARCH function here and found that I had to unload gun and mag and put it all in the trunk. Hooray for not getting busted for a felony out of state! So thanks again :)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Just wanted to drop a thank you to everyone for being potentially keeping me out of jail. Getting ready to head out on a sort of last minute mini road trip that will see me pass through, but not stop in, Ohio. I could've sworn that I read somewhere that I only had to unload my gun and put it in my locked center console to be in compliance with Ohio law, but decided to double check. Used the SEARCH function here and found that I had to unload gun and mag and put it all in the trunk. Hooray for not getting busted for a felony out of state! So thanks again :)
    Sounds like you got some info for Illinois where an unloaded pistol in the closed center console is legal. Glad you checked.

Correction: The above is true about Ill ONLY if you have a valid carry license from your home state if you are not an Illinois resident.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, we need something on here where we collect information like that, you know, answers to questions that are asked frequently. Trying to think of a good name for something like that. If anyone has any ideas...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yeah, we need something on here where we collect information like that, you know, answers to questions that are asked frequently. Trying to think of a good name for something like that. If anyone has any ideas...

Thats Brilliant! I think you nailed this one. You already named it -
    "Answers to Questions that are asked Frequently". Kinda rolls off the toung - tonge - tunge. Damn it...can't spell tounge. :D

Top Bottom