• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    See, now I've always heard people say this kind of thing about Kieslers/Orion in Jeffersonville, but every time I've been in there in the last couple of years, I've had nothing but good customer service from them, friendly, helpful, and willing to deal a little on prices. I will say that in just about all the shops here in southern IN, there are more than one employee working at any given time. I would not return to a shop where they ignore customers, maybe they have their reasons for what they do, but I get muscle spasms when money is getting ready to leave my hand, and if I get the feeling the dude behind the counter doesn't care one way or the other, I'm frikken walkin.

I bought a Glock 17 at Kieslers/Orion about 3 months ago and they were extremely helpful. Even pointed out cheaper ammo for me and knocked off some money on the holster. I was extremely happy with the service. I bought that Kel Tec P11 yesterday at Cabela's and they took awhile to notice me, but after they saw me looking, they jumped right to helping me.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Agreed 100% - I have never understood why people who "call" take priority over those who are actually IN THE STORE.
    I have been in Customer Service, for 40 years.... YES, that is right...
    I will tell you what I was told in 1975, when I took my first face to face CS, job... the person at the counter, can see you're busy, the person on the phone, thinks you're goofing off.....:twocents:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Pops BLOWS......I normally don't wish bad things upon small local businesses, but I hate that place with an intense passion. Thank goodness BGF is opening a range soon. Maybe pops will poop out.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had mixed results with customer service at PG...if they are really busy the CS is quite poor...if they aren't busy I've had them be very helpful, especially the older guy.

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    I was in there yesterday and actually had a guy jump right up to show us the Glocks they had on display. He didnt have an objective statement to make about any other guns I wanted to look at. I walked down and started looking at 1911 .45s and this guy came over and starting talking about owning 3 1911s and they are all safe queens, all he carries is the Glock hes carried for 20 years. I didnt ask you about the Glock .45 chief Im looking at the Kimber. All he did was try to sell me a Glock the whole time I was in there, fan boy. Seemed like ok service but way too pushy trying to sell a gun that I want interested in. And the prices arent that good.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I used to do a lot of business with Pop Guns when they only had the one store over at 10th & Mitthoeffer & the owner was the one behind the counter.

I did go in and buy a G17 after they moved over to the Post road location w/the indoor range but that experience really soured me on their store & I haven't been back since.

Granted I did buy the G17 that day instead of simply walking out but I was awful close to walking out without it.

Apparently their business model hasn't changed much since then, it's a shame really because I used to really like that shop, I bought a lot of stuff over a lot of years from them at their old location.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Isn't it great we all get to vote with our pocketbooks? I live in Castleton, but if I'm looking, shopping or buying, I cheerfully drive down to Bradis or out to Plainfield Shooting Supply.

:+1: on this. I live less than 5 mins from Pop Guns, but I would still much rather drive out to PSS.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Yes Ive been ignored many times at poopguns ,what a bad way to run a store, I bought a gsg5 for 430$ at Duhnams at the same time my son went to THAT store and got one for 800$ ! ,then ,then he phones me to tell me ,He didnt know what they 'should' go for,wrong place to find out at that east side store that has wooden indians for help.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    I don't see pop guns staying in business long after Beech Grove opens their range. Unless of course there is enough thug business on the east side, like at don's. I suppose one could make a living hocking $300 Lorcins and $600 Sigmas.

MrBogok

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Indy
    Pops

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Customer service at Pops is in dire need of a makeover. I cant wait till the range at Beach Grove is open so I wont have a reason to go in that store again!! The big dude with the buzz cut is by far the worst, he knows everything and wont hesitate to tell you too!

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I tend to agree on the service aspect, the pricing and general attitude. I do go there to use the range, it's convenient for me. I do meet some nice regulars there during the lunch hours some days. Since I go there a few times a month, they are "less" rude than what most experience. But, that is by no means an endorsement.

Only plus I can say is they do have a fairly good selection of handguns, at least for my tastes. It is nice to see before I buy it somewhere else.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Customer service at Pops is in dire need of a makeover. I cant wait till the range at Beach Grove is open so I wont have a reason to go in that store again!! The big dude with the buzz cut is by far the worst, he knows everything and wont hesitate to tell you too!

Can't agree with you more about "the big dude"...he's about as friendly as a rattle snake.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Can't agree with you more about "the big dude"...he's about as friendly as a rattle snake.

I ususally don't have any problems in there, the one older worker is usually quick to ask if I need help but the other day went to the range to shoot the FNP Tact and the buzz cut guy just sat at the computer forever while I was waiting to get checked in for the range. Finally the older worker came over and checked me in. Maybe he thinks he's just admin and it's beneath him to help customers. Don't go in much anymore though, their handgun selection never changes and it's increasingly being infiltrated with cheap junk.

Top Bottom