• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I love Buzzfeed. However, like many media outlets, when they begin talking technical about guns, I am usually cringing or laughing. This one falls into the laughing category.

Apparently, Aaron Hernandez was packing that ever elusive .45 Glock round in his gat!

LINK TO THE STORY HERE. Screen shot below.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I love Buzzfeed. However, like many media outlets, when they begin talking technical about guns, I am usually cringing or laughing. This one falls into the laughing category.

Apparently, Aaron Hernandez was packing that ever elusive .45 Glock round in his gat!

LINK TO THE STORY HERE. Screen shot below.

Though the pic looks to be a .45 ACP, there is a wacky ".45 Glock" round... The answer to a question nobody asked: .45GAP

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It is Massachusetts, we shouldn't expect them to know much about firearms or ammunition.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't understand. Isn't it true that the .45 Glock/.45acp casing could be extremely relevant in this prosecution?

images

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The point he's trying to make is the assumption and false information portrayed in the story. It says '.45 Glock shell casing'. Now, how in the hell do they know it's a Glock shell casing? Is it a .45 GAP casing? And if so, shouldn't it be called a .45 GAP shell casing?!?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    If you read the article and look at the shell casing, the article states that the picture of the shell casing is the actual casing in question...and it is a .45 ACP NOT .45 GAP.

You our all are right that there is a "Glock .45" round, but in this case the author is just calling a normal .45 ACP a .45 Glock because they are a gun newbies.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    If you read the article and look at the shell casing, the article states that the picture of the shell casing is the actual casing in question...and it is a .45 ACP NOT .45 GAP.

You our all are right that there is a "Glock .45" round, but in this case the author is just calling a normal .45 ACP a .45 Glock because they are a gun newbies.

Yeah, did nobody look at the freakin picture? ?
    Thanks for posting

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    The point he's trying to make is the assumption and false information portrayed in the story. It says '.45 Glock shell casing'. Now, how in the hell do they know it's a Glock shell casing?

I suspect they don't know it's a Glock casing, but that it's probable the cops know of any registered firearms Hernandez owned, and one of them was a Glock in .45 (e.g., the 30SF).

So, to summarize:

IF the cops know Hernandez owned a Glock in .45ACP (e.g., the 30SF)
    AND the cops find a .45ACP casing in the vehicle Hernandez used
    THEN the Glock owned by Hernandez ejected the .45ACP casing found in the vehicle.

A lot of folks have been convicted on weaker circumstantial evidence.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    What everyone is missing, is the micro etching in the firing pin indentation. If you blow the picture way up, you will see that it says "1911's Suck" So it's definitely from a Glock :):

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    AGAIN to clarify...
    the OP has nothing to do with the .45GAP cartridge. He is calling attention to the IMPROPER wording when calling calling a .45 casing/.45acp a .45 glock casing (because, for some idiots, glock is synonymous with "gun")

I have a cousin that calls all handguns glocks... and then there's the clips, don't even get me started.

Top Bottom