• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Thanks for the You Tube link, great story. Loved the part where the hubby is telling her to shoot again and again! She saved her and her kids and that is all that matters in the end. I'm sure this event will affect her for the rest of her life but not nearly as much as it would if one of her kids would have been hurt or killed.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good job, I hope the trauma of the shooting is diminished somewhat by the reality of her family surviving compared to what might have been if she had not been armed.

I hope my wife is never in the same situation, but I think she will be prepared to do what is necessary if that ever happens.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not to be or sound mean, but I think the truth would be Pelosi would have wet her panties. Then the BG would have killed her with his crowbar that he used to break down a locked outside door, a locked bedroom door and a locked bathroom door all before....... Oh Heck, just ban all crowbars over 10 inches and this kind of crime will never happen again.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Actually even though she was out of ammo, if there had been more than one guy they would have seen their buddy getting shot to hell and probably ran anyway. :D

I know the point you are making and many liberals might use the argument for real. But the other side of the coin is that they may have seen their buddy go down and wanted to take instant revenge. Then all she had left was an expensive assault rock. This is why Magazine restrictions only hurt the law abiding citizens.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Hell yes!!! I think she should have used something bigger than a 38 from the sound of it!!! My question is where in the face did she hit him that he was still breathing after that? This is why once my LTCH comes, Ill be carrying a 45!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    Bedford/Bloomington
    It blows my mind that this story could be used for anything other than the support of gun rights. This is just such a perfect, grade A, first choice example to prove exactly why people need guns for protection. I would expect hearing this to be such a wake up call to anyone who wants to deny the very real threat of intruders in the home, especially parents..

But good for that woman and her husband. Pretty much a guarantee that had she not been prepared her and her children would have been harmed or killed..

Last edited:

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Hell yes!!! I think she should have used something bigger than a 38 from the sound of it!!! My question is where in the face did she hit him that he was still breathing after that? This is why once my LTCH comes, Ill be carrying a 45!
    Better get a magic one! Oh wait all 45's are magic(heavy sarcasm). Good for this family I hope they fair this storm well.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Im sorry but im glad and extreamly happy she and her kids are alive and the perp is
    "Clinging" on to his life.

What would he have done if he got ahold of that kid he was chasing?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

ALL handgun rounds are rather ineffective "man stoppers".

.38 Special or .45ACP.

Plenty of documented cases of folks taking a direct hit in the forehead and the bullet skids around the skull under the skin. Also plenty of documented cases of folks absorbing 10+ hits from handgun rounds and continuing to fight on.

Placement is key.

jb1212

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    If someone gets hit 10+ times either they are so high on drugs they just keep moving or half of them should be in the back.

I know if I would get shot at and hit 5 times I would start going the other way unless something was worth giving my life for.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Agreed. But, If she had shot one with a shotgun, the other two might have thought twice.

But that's not what she had and, at least right now, the Feds aren't trying to shove a magazine capacity ban on shotguns down our throat.

The point is the point. It's not about arguing whether or not a shotgun would be better than a hand gun, it's about the fact that this woman protecting her children ran dry. If everyone is forced to have similar revolvers or limited rds in their guns, the odds of fighting multiple assailants are very bad with 10 or less rds.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I just wish some of these anti-gun people would have someone break into there house and threaten their family.. then we'll see where they stand on the argument - standing there defenseless and at the mercy of some violent stranger. (But not really - I wouldn't actually wish that on anyone.) But I have no doubt it having a personal involvement would make them do a 180 on their stance.

Shame it doesn't work that way. A friend of mine was with his girlfriend 18 years ago when some punk pushed her down and threatened my friend with a handgun. He's anti-gun because of that incident and says guns should be banned.

Top Bottom