• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    INGO, and the gun hobby is a very wide spectrum. People are in different points in life, and interests change, .... I've moved on.
    It's almost 4am, and I just got home from coyote hunting. Some people can't understand why I have a suppressed AR with a thermal scope on it. My only answer is, my interests have changed.

People buy what they like, or what they need/want to pursue hobbies. Why do people get so worked up over what other people do? (Not directed at the OP)

You're so right. As we get older our interests and priorities change. Everyone has their own justifications...but its still their own!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I can remember when I was a kid we had a neighbor that would get home from work and take a bubble-bath (so he said) while his wife mowed the yard. I mentioned to my mother how strange it was for the man to take baths while his wife did the yard work. She told me that they are allowed to live life by their own rules, not other's rules, and that I would do well to learn from them and to mind my own business.

It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else.

Used to know a guy that while I don't know if he took bubble baths or not, his wife would mow the yard. And it wasn't a small yard, I'd say a good 1/2 acre if not more of grass. She liked to do it, and with a push mower. He offered to get her a rider many times and she said no. As she got on in age she did let him get her a self propelled, and finally an electric start self propelled but she still did it herself walking the yard.

Your last sentence says it all.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How some view their guns:

raw

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Different strokes, can't see why anyone would complain about someone else's choices unless they are doing something unsafe.

..I prefer to keep things simple and enjoy what I own...and have fun with family and friends!
    To each their own...

My sentiments; do what you want, how you want, unless you're being dangerous. To each their own.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I am user, all of mine get shot. Some more than others but they all get used.

Bought a Browning M71 Winchester, in the box, hang tag on the lever, lever still factory tied. When the deal was complete, I cut the tag and ran the action several times. Thought the seller would faint. Two days later it was at the range hammering the steel.

Sold it 10 years later for what I paid.

Don

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I like to collect stuff. Some I can shoot, wear. Other stuff it has to just be looked at but it gives me great satisfaction to own it and enjoy it.
    I am mostly concerned with shooting the guns I'm going to use to defend myself. Others I just enjoy owning. When something no longer gives me satisfaction, I sell or give it away. I'll buy something new.
    I'm not broke, my kids are fed, clothed, well educated and regularly get new toys ect, and we regularly go out and do things together. My collecting is budgeted and I do not ever get into life expenses for a hobby. I earned the money I have and I'll spend it the way I want.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I like to collect stuff. Some I can shoot, wear. Other stuff it has to just be looked at but it gives me great satisfaction to own it and enjoy it.
    I am mostly concerned with shooting the guns I'm going to use to defend myself. Others I just enjoy owning. When something no longer gives me satisfaction, I sell or give it away. I'll buy something new.
    I'm not broke, my kids are fed, clothed, well educated and regularly get new toys ect, and we regularly go out and do things together. My collecting is budgeted and I do not ever get into life expenses for a hobby. I earned the money I have and I'll spend it the way I want.

What TT said. All told hobby is less than 1% of budget. May have to plan ahead sometimes but always scratch the itch eventually.

Don

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ever buy the best gun in the world and it's so rare in condition and production numbers that it can never be shot? Just asking for a friend. I bet that sucks.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have a few that I won't ever shoot. It isn't that they can't, just that I won't. Nice examples of older guns that I have other less rare examples that will scratch that itch.

Even some which aren't even that rare or worth that much. Like a FEG GKK .45acp. Never shot and not worth much but I can live with not knowing how it sounds when it goes "boom" because I have plenty other .45's.

Old S&W's also have a retirement home here. Don't care to hear them bark but do wish they could talk.

Firearms are allowed to just sit around here and they are never looked on as having disappointed me in some way...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    He does no nonsense videos on YouTube, very educational, you have to look up his video on carry ammo, then you wil! Know why your precious image was so appropriate.

Top Bottom