That VETO stamp is gonna get pretty worn out over the next 2 years...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    It will also force Democrats like Joe Donnelly, to take a stand and make their reelection efforts that much harder. But given time the Repubs in office can jack it up.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    History Trivia buffs, I'm wondering...has there been another President with absolutely no legislative achievements in 6 years?

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, obama is now going to be responsible for shutting down the government???......
    That was a horrible thing when the repubs. were supposed to be doing it.......
    That's how he's going to go out?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    King Barack going out not in a blaze of glory but a blazing veto stamp.

Yep, way to work together, change we can feel.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    well, as a democrat, I'll take the blazing veto over having the entire republican agenda crammed down my throat.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Not taking a party line here for either side...

But does it still make sense to spend all that money building this pipeline when the income that would be generated from it has dropped by 50% (and appears to be headed further south, pardon the pun).

I'm sure that's not the intention for the veto, but honestly the folks expected to outlay the funding here should be dancing a jig thrilled that they're no longer on the hook and can blame the big O.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    You mean like how obamacare was crammed up American asses?

Yeah great legacy.
    perhaps, but if the entire Democrat agenda had been crammed down your throat, I think you'd have a bit more to complain about besides Benghazi and Obamacare doncha think?

I LIKE that homosexuals can get married should they choose to...
    I LIKE that if a woman decides to abort an unwanted pregnancy, she can...
    I LIKE that I can walk into Blythe's and buy just about any firearm I want with minimal hassle...

basically I like having the FREEDOM to do just about anything I damn well want to...without having someone cram their morality down my throat.

as I've said before... I want my house with the white picket fence, I want my wife and 2.5 kids, a job to pay for it all, and you to leave me the frig alone... yeah, I know it's a lot to ask for, but all the political BS that gets done in the name of "morality" (insert whatever word you feel needs to go here) needs to leave me the eff alone. :xmad::ranton:

i think I went off on a little tangent there... but screw it... I'm leaving it there...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    perhaps, but if the entire Democrat agenda had been crammed down your throat, I think you'd have a bit more to complain about besides Benghazi and Obamacare doncha think?

I LIKE that homosexuals can get married should they choose to...
    I LIKE that if a woman decides to abort an unwanted pregnancy, she can...
    I LIKE that I can walk into Blythe's and buy just about any firearm I want with minimal hassle...

basically I like having the FREEDOM to do just about anything I damn well want to...without having someone cram their morality down my throat.

as I've said before... I want my house with the white picket fence, I want my wife and 2.5 kids, a job to pay for it all, and you to leave me the frig alone... yeah, I know it's a lot to ask for, but all the political BS that gets done in the name of "morality" (insert whatever word you feel needs to go here) needs to leave me the eff alone. :xmad::ranton:

i think I went off on a little tangent there... but screw it... I'm leaving it there...

Respectfully , sir - If you think that #3 item was brought to you by Democrats - you are delusional. I get your points on some of the interferences with liberty (gay marriage for example) - and I won't open the abortion can of worms all over again. That said, not even the most cynical Ingotarian here would suggest that Democrats = Freedom to buy firearms. Quite the reverse. You need to move to New York and see what your buddy Cuomo is doing. Or move to California with Brother Jerry Brown and the Wingnut Legislature. THAT is Democrat Paradise. THEN come back and talk to us about how easy it is to "walk into store XYZ" and buy whatever you please.

I am FROM California. I KNOW what Democrat rule feels like. You can make the Gay Marriage argument. Fine. You can make the abortion argument. Fine. Guns? No Go. Taxes (not that you brought that up) No Go.

It sounds like you have an issue with the Conservative Christian Right. Fair enough. But let's not get carried away here in our hatred. Let's be truthful about who people are and what their positions are.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    well, as a democrat, I'll take the blazing veto over having the entire republican agenda crammed down my throat.

Sounds to me like you may want to really look into the democrat platform.

And then look into classic liberalism.

In your post just a few blow the one I'm quoting - I bet you're a liberal. Not a Democrat.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Respectfully , sir - If you think that #3 item was brought to you by Democrats - you are delusional. I get your points on some of the interferences with liberty (gay marriage for example) - and I won't open the abortion can of worms all over again. That said, not even the most cynical Ingotarian here would suggest that Democrats = Freedom to buy firearms. Quite the reverse. You need to move to New York and see what your buddy Cuomo is doing. Or move to California with Brother Jerry Brown and the Wingnut Legislature. THAT is Democrat Paradise. THEN come back and talk to us about how easy it is to "walk into store XYZ" and buy whatever you please.

I am FROM California. I KNOW what Democrat rule feels like. You can make the Gay Marriage argument. Fine. You can make the abortion argument. Fine. Guns? No Go. Taxes (not that you brought that up) No Go.

It sounds like you have an issue with the Conservative Christian Right. Fair enough. But let's not get carried away here in our hatred. Let's be truthful about who people are and what their positions are.

There may be a D after my name when I vote, but I do not fully support the Democratic doctrine... I'm probably more of a left leaning Independent. There are things on both sides of the fence that I agree with, I just tend to lean more towards the progressive... For the most part, I think everyone is bat :poop: crazy and think we're all screwed....

Top Bottom