• ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Sadly, not for awhile...unless you're bringing him a TON of ice cream.
    It's tonsillectomy day.

Poor kid! I remember when our daughter had hers out, she was about 8ish or so. We brought her in, promised her all the ice cream and popsicles she could want/eat, and she was cool with that. What type of ice cream does he like? If they don't carry it at the hospital (or if it's an outpatient procedure) you can stock up on what he likes, and bring it to the hospital with you, or have it on hand for when he gets home and feels like eating it. As long as it doesn't have anything chunky or scratchy in it, it should be ok. We also bribed her with fudge sauce and caramel sauce drizzled on top. The nurses usually don't mind if you do that, and it'll keep the poor kid from being so miserable.

HOWEVER.....after the surgery she was majorly PO'd! She woke up in the middle of the surgery, they cauterized her throat, she had a big headache and was totally in a "F*** Off" mood.

We tried everything under the sun to bring her around, but she wanted no part of it. She even stopped talking to us as she considered us traitors for even making her go thru it. We finally won her over with a huge gallon of her favorite ice cream, and the newly released movie "Babe". She forgave us at that point, and we spent the night there, just to keep her company.

The hospital room was cool tho, it was in the Peds unit, had TV, showed Video movies, had Nintendo, and the nurses waited on her hand and foot. That is, when we weren't doing it ourselves. BOY was that an ordeal that we could definitely missed.

7th Stepper

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Maybe the gun is to protect himself in case some crackhead tries to steal his drugs.
    Many doctors carry for this reason.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Probably at any time.
    :D

I sent a message to his mom asking how he was doing this morning and she sent back; "Better than I thought he would be! Deffinitely in some pain but eating and drinking! He did hit his sister yesterday so his dad gave him a very disappointed look. Isaiah responded with "but Dad, I'm sick!!" haha"

:):

Top Bottom