• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    As much as I like this place, and for the most part the people here a great, I will not start any more threads here, I may browse around and read things that interest me. It is funny to me how I start a thread, much like others have with something to say, call it a rant or whatever, then someone shows up, offers nothing to the thread, tries to start an argument with me, and bam thread locked...
    As long as I am venting, some poeple around here need to grow a thicker skin and not take it so seriously...after all it is only the internet. Thanks to all of you who are not this way, and to those of you who are, well the rules say I can't say what I am thinking. :dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    If your talking about the thread I think you are...you said yourself you where going to lock it before it gets out of hand. then a mod locks it shortly after your post and get you get upset? come on man! you say some folks need thicker skin..well I do agree there but looks like your's could use a little thickening up as well.
    ATFconsumer brought something to your attention and you took offense automatically..he retaliated and it kept going..it would of kept going for many pages had a mod not stepped in and locked it{much like this thread will be locked Im sure}
    whether or not you think what you said was out of line or not it was pretty out of line IMHO and if I was Jewish I guarantee Id of been all over that comment you made.
    I mean no disrespect to you what so ever so dont take offense to my post,simply take it for what its worth and move on.
    go pop the top on a cold one,turn on the boob tube and relax for a bit..if the internet gets you this upset then you obviously need a little break from it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It is funny to me how I start a thread, much like others have with something to say, call it a rant or whatever, then someone shows up, offers nothing to the thread, tries to start an argument with me, and bam thread locked...

some poeple around here need to grow a thicker skin and not take it so seriously...after all it is only the internet.

OK, so you're complaining about something that happened on the internet, then say people have to grow a thicker skin and not take it so seriously because... it's the internet. :scratch:

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    You used a racial slur. You broke the rules, plain and simple. I think getting off with just a thread lock is a good thing. Quit complaining.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You used a racial slur. You broke the rules, plain and simple. I think getting off with just a thread lock is a good thing. Quit complaining.

Oh yeah, racial or religious slurs *never* get used here.:rolleyes: Just some of them are socially acceptable now and won't result in a flamewar or warning and some will.

Bah. Me, I'm not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. This will be my only contribution to this thread lock :D:popcorn::p

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    If your talking about the thread I think you are...you said yourself you where going to lock it before it gets out of hand. then a mod locks it shortly after your post and get you get upset? come on man! you say some folks need thicker skin..well I do agree there but looks like your's could use a little thickening up as well.
    ATFconsumer brought something to your attention and you took offense automatically..he retaliated and it kept going..it would of kept going for many pages had a mod not stepped in and locked it{much like this thread will be locked Im sure}
    whether or not you think what you said was out of line or not it was pretty out of line IMHO and if I was Jewish I guarantee Id of been all over that comment you made.
    I mean no disrespect to you what so ever so dont take offense to my post,simply take it for what its worth and move on.
    go pop the top on a cold one,turn on the boob tube and relax for a bit..if the internet gets you this upset then you obviously need a little break from it.
    A simple "hey, that's not right" would have been sufficient, instead of the smart *** comments.

OK, so you're complaining about something that happened on the internet, then say people have to grow a thicker skin and not take it so seriously because... it's the internet. :scratch:
    I am complaining about how a thread that was meant to let off some steam and to see what others had experienced went completely off track. Caused by something that I said which offended someone where no offense was meant.

Last time I checked, being Jewish was not a race but a religion. I meant no offense by what I said.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Oh yeah, racial or religious slurs *never* get used here.:rolleyes: Just some of them are socially acceptable now and won't result in a flamewar or warning and some will.

Bah. Me, I'm not a bigot, I hate everyone equally. This will be my only contribution to this thread lock :D:popcorn::p
    Care to list some examples? It doesn't matter if they get used or not, it's against the rules. Every mod I've met I know wouldn't allow it.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I certainly didn't think I was being a smart***, merely pointing out what I thought was wrong.
    Sorry if my approach offended you.

:cheers:
    I thought the comment about "muslim, german, or candian" was a little smart ***. I will apologize for any offense you took to what I said, although there was none meant by it.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    A thread gets locked, and then continued here....I have just one thing to say about that.....

IBTL! :)

C'mon guys! Let's just move on, huh?

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    <--- just a lowly forum member. Else I'd be handing out three day bans lie candy on Oct. 31st. If for no other reason than to amuse myself :)

On that bombshell. how about we all kiss and make up. :)

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dont get upset with it. Its just a internet forumn. There is a bunch of cool guys on here which could build lasting friendships. I know sounds "sissy"-please no one take offense.

Seriously just forget about it and lets all have a good time on here as PROUD INDIANA GUN OWNERS! It could be worse, we could be DISAPOINTED ILLINOIS NON-GUN OWNERS

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I'd be handing out three day bans lie candy on Oct. 31st. If for no other reason than to amuse myself :)

We used to exist simply for Lars' amusement.

Now we are allowed to amuse each other as well.

So we've got that going for us. :D

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    What if your using a racial slur and your refering to yourself? I'm a German Native American...But I like being called a Kraut,Hun or Injun..Krazy Kraut Injun is nice.
    Makes me feel like I should Drink Bier and Scalp the French..Or a Mime...lol

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    IBTL.jpg

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    OH MY GOD, infantrylife FINALLY said something that made sense....congrats to you sir.

That could be one of the greatest posts I have read to date.

And once again you two gentlemen, who in fact are probably the same person, have made another meaningless smart *** post. Congrats to you.

Stand back everyone and bow :bowdown:
    The great Mall Ninjas :mallninja:have arrived and shown great wisdom in another thread. Good contribution, guys:fawk:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom