• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Who would you believe to be that ideal person? Do they exist? Trump is the same guy that they sucked up too for years, first in NY, then in Hollywood. All this, investigations, impeachment, was not personally driven, it was to stop the very issues you enumerate...
    I don't see any other Republican candidate who ran in the 2016 primaries that would've pushed those issues as hard as Trump did. They would've folded immediately under the same pressure that Trump endured. I think what Twangbanger was getting at is that Republicans all need to find the same backbone that Trump brought to the party.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't see any other Republican candidate who ran in the 2016 primaries that would've pushed those issues as hard as Trump did. They would've folded immediately under the same pressure that Trump endured. I think what Twangbanger was getting at is that Republicans all need to find the same backbone that Trump brought to the party.

I mainly wanted to point out that the Trump personality was just an excuse to go after the issues we support...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It was a referendum on Trump. Had he been slightly less caustic and less controversial over the Covid 19 deal, he would have won easily.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Literally every single thing he ever said or did was blown up by the MSM into a “controversy”. To act like he got a fair shake is disingenuous.

Trump's, been given some serious softballs in debates and interviews; all he had to do was swing.

QAnon, Racism, Coronavirus, Proud Boys, etc.

The media jumped on him, because they should jump on him.

I really surprised Trump didn't say, "Look, I've never met the Coronavirus, so I can't tell you if it's bad. I've met some virii - and some are really good, and some are bad."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It was a referendum on Trump. Had he been slightly less caustic and less controversial over the Covid 19 deal, he would have won easily.

This is probably true. I think he had the opportunity to seize the situation and he kinda whiffed because of his personal behavior quirks. It's absurd to blame him for covid, or to blame him for how the US has performed overall while balancing to the extent that it has, economy and pandemic mitigation. Most of that blame that has landed is attributable to a media that just wanted to get him out of office by any means necessary. But he helped them a whole lot. For example, that whole side show about chloroquine. And there are other things. He could have used covid to unite people rather than divide them.

Oh. And here's a prediction. Biden won't do it either. For one thing, he won't seek a balance between economy and pandemic mitigation. All through the campaign he talked authoritarian mitigations. That's not going to unite people. He'll rule just like Barack Obama. He'll be the president of the progressives and be the tyrant for the bitter clingers. Trump wasn't a uniter. Biden won't be either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump's, been given some serious softballs in debates and interviews; all he had to do was swing.

QAnon, Racism, Coronavirus, Proud Boys, etc.

The media jumped on him, because they should jump on him.

I really surprised Trump didn't say, "Look, I've never met the Coronavirus, so I can't tell you if it's bad. I've met some virii - and some are really good, and some are bad."

Not to the extent they did. If it were all just about the whiffs, well fair enough. But they flat out made **** up. Do you at least recognize that?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not to the extent they did. If it were all just about the whiffs, well fair enough. But they flat out made **** up. Do you at least recognize that?

You know me - I'm not that black and white.

Indeed, where the line is drawn is up for discussion - how much is Trumps fault, versus how much is just media bias.

Let's just say that the line is somewhere between 20% and 80%, i.e. no one side is fully responsible.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Four years ago the voter turn out overwhelmed the fix and every effort had to have been made this time around to prevent the fix not being good enough. But that's the boots on the ground, what people are busily doing.

The reality of the Trump presidency is that it is only a temporary stay (not a reprieve or pardon) because the globaloney boys are going to have their moment of glory.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    If Biden 'won' it would have been announced last night. So now it is all about 'finding' enough votes to declare him the winner. I doubt Trump will do the typical republican thing and just take it in the you know where. He will fight it all the way.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It's hilarious when elections are called to be oh so close, why they're neck and neck!
    Oh well, we know better than to believe presstitutes so why would anybody take to heart what they say about elections?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I'm still having a good laugh at the idea of half voting for a career criminal with dementia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom