Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know me - I'm not that black and white.

Indeed, where the line is drawn is up for discussion - how much is Trumps fault, versus how much is just media bias.

Let's just say that the line is somewhere between 20% and 80%, i.e. no one side is fully responsible.

That's how I would characterize it. There are multiple factors. So which factors are most important for discussion? I'd say the ones that are external to Trump's victory. What I mean by that is the point at which Trump could have one given his own faults, but for the external factors. If the media played things straight up, I have no doubt that Trump would have won. As close as it is now, that seems intuitively obvious.

Here's how close he came to winning: He'll probably win NC and GA. I think D's would have to outperform R's by 15-20 points on votes remaining to win. In PA, I I'm not sure D's have enough Subarus to dig hidden ballots from to pull that one off. But they've got the laws and court rulings to pull that off. But if they do pull it out, it will be very obvious. MI, WI, and NV all look to be a similar spread. Trump would need to outperform Biden by something like 55-60% on votes remaining to pull that one off. But the margins are razor thin. So I think Trump will only get 3 of the need 4 states to win. Biden will probably win, but without PA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Biden 'won' it would have been announced last night. So now it is all about 'finding' enough votes to declare him the winner. I doubt Trump will do the typical republican thing and just take it in the you know where. He will fight it all the way.

:scratch:

Are you looking at the results? It would not have been announced last night because they were still counting. They're still counting now. There are too many states too close to call. They can't call PA because they can receive mail-in ballots up to 3 days after the election, and it's mathematically possible, though very unlikely, for Biden to win. NC, GA are probably wins for Trump. MI, WI, and NV are probable losses. I'm not saying that's a done deal. It's possible Trump could outperform Biden in the votes outstanding. But it's just not that likely.

Point is, the race is still too close to call.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's hilarious when elections are called to be oh so close, why they're neck and neck!
    Oh well, we know better than to believe presstitutes so why would anybody take to heart what they say about elections?

When things don't go as you'd like, :tinfoil: is always an answer.

rotag84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Hamilton County
    :scratch:

Are you looking at the results? It would not have been announced last night because they were still counting. They're still counting now. There are too many states too close to call. They can't call PA because they can receive mail-in ballots up to 3 days after the election, and it's mathematically possible, though very unlikely, for Biden to win. NC, GA are probably wins for Trump. MI, WI, and NV are probable losses. I'm not saying that's a done deal. It's possible Trump could outperform Biden in the votes outstanding. But it's just not that likely.

Point is, the race is still too close to call.

Oh, I see. So you believe this process is legit.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Four years ago the turn out for President Trump overwhelmed the fix and the fixers didn't forget that lesson.
    That's why I previously stated that this time there would be more than ol' Joe Kennedy ever dreamed of.

Stating the obvious a second time I'll say that the Trump presidency is only a stay, not a reprieve or a pardon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I see. So you believe this process is legit.

Well. Let me put on this here hat and see if that makes a difference in what I believe.

:tinfoil:

There. That’s better. Yes. I see it your way now that the hat blocks the rays from the boner drone. Definitely there is a cheating Democrat behind every blade of grass.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Republicans watched fraud for four years as the left and the media threw false accusations at the President and even impeached him for looking into what we now have proof of, actually happened.

During that time the left has rioted and looted. They promised more violence if Trump won.

Will all the deceit, laws broken, coups attempted, mail in ballot scams, know what Republicans are going to do?

Keep working, keep fighting for our country. For our families. We won't burn your city down. We won't physically assault you.

Despite everything you have done to us and to our country we won't do anything rash. In a way I'm proud of that, in another I'm embarrassed. Two hundred years ago this would not have been tolerated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just saw something on WTHR that I didn't know. In Indiana, you were still required to have a valid excuse for voting by mail, and Covid was not considered to be a valid excuse. So my question to those of you that did vote early by mail, what excuse did you use?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Given all the opportunities to vote, including mail, and a plethora of early voting locations, can once and for all end this nonsense about needing a "holiday" for voting?

amirite?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just saw something on WTHR that I didn't know. In Indiana, you were still required to have a valid excuse for voting by mail, and Covid was not considered to be a valid excuse. So my question to those of you that did vote early by mail, what excuse did you use?

Old age. I am over 65.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom