• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ok, now I need to get one of those. Do they sell it in pistol form? Preferably with an aluminum frame and small enough for pocket carry. You know, for home defense...

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I bet a lot of us bigger guys would try more than one shot with it. Then again i'm thinking about building a .50 BMG falling block, so i am kind of a bigger might not be better, but it sure is cooler kind a person.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I wouldn't mind owning one, way too expensive though.

Edit:

I once owned a 7mm rem mag, it kicked like a mule...so this rifle gotta put some bruises on people's shoulder.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Back in the late 60s and early 70s I worked part time in a gun shop. A guy came in and bought a .458 Safari grade rifle and had a scope mounted on it. The gunsmith got it set up and bore sighted, but when the customer came in he wanted a proof target showing the scope was sighted in correctly at 100 yards.

The gunsmith said he wouldn't do it, the owner wouldn't do it and I think the customer was too scared to try. Being the low man on the seniority list, they told be to go out and fire that beast. We had a range out back and we all went out to test fire the weapon. I was prepared for some recoil and it was a good thing I was. I was shooting off a picnic table and the recoil darn near knocked me off the seat. The first shot was 12" low and about 6" left. We made some adjustments and I fired off a second round. That one was closer to the bulls eye but still off target. We made one more adjustment and the 3rd round never hit the paper. Everyone said I flinched and caused the miss.

I told them I was done shooting that beast and if any of them wanted to finishing sighting it in I would be happy to watch. No body would shoot it and the owner said it looked good to him the way it was. I never saw the guy come back in so I couldn't ask him if he ever shot it, but I'm guessing he never did. It probably became a safe queen or ended up being sold like the guy said in the video.

Top Bottom