• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    He looked great in the 1st half. He made great throws and made great decisions. The defense looked good against the run, far more blitzing than we've seen in the past. And The Colts can actually run on 3rd and short.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    It will take some time.... But the Colts will be back... Luck did look good, but remeber... it's preseason.. The best have yet to play..

M. Rockatansky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I agree. Team looked good. But we are playing against last year's 2nd from worst team. :)

And the defensive schemes in preseason are as vanilla as they come. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up too much. There will be a ton of growing pains. I'm hoping my Bears give him a few in week 1.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    If the O-line doesn't improve, Luck won't be able to stay healthy even though he can scramble. Until the O-line improves, the Colts will have to keep an RB or TE back to help block if they want Luck to throw anything more than 10 yds down field.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If the O-line doesn't improve, Luck won't be able to stay healthy even though he can scramble. Until the O-line improves, the Colts will have to keep an RB or TE back to help block if they want Luck to throw anything more than 10 yds down field.

I'm not a Colts fan and only watch them when a better/more interesting game isn't on. I've been saying they have serious O-line needs for years. I have also been called a troll on here for saying it and been called an idiot for pointing it out. Unless the address the O-line needs, Luck will be very lucky to complete the season as the starter for every game.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a Manning fan and it just doesn't seem right to not see him out there. Heres hoping the Colts made the right call. I'd sure love to see them get back on top.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I'm not a Colts fan and only watch them when a better/more interesting game isn't on. I've been saying they have serious O-line needs for years. I have also been called a troll on here for saying it and been called an idiot for pointing it out. Unless the address the O-line needs, Luck will be very lucky to complete the season as the starter for every game.

You must have a crystal ball or something :yesway:

So who is your team?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I predict 7 wins.
    That's more generous that I would be. And I am a big Colts fan. I just have an suspicion that Luck is going to have more in common with Leaf than a four-lettered last name that starts with L. Would that I am wrong.

I'm a Manning fan and it just doesn't seem right to not see him out there. Heres hoping the Colts made the right call. I'd sure love to see them get back on top.

As much as it pains me, trading Manning probably was the right call. He's past his prime. Not that he doesn't have good years left, but I don't think we'll every see another Super Bowl outta him. Whether or not Luck is the right call for a replacement....:dunno: time will tell.

One more thought: the offensive line has always been a weakness. For as long as I can remember, the Colts have had to have a QB that could scramble and stay mobile and still make catchable passes off-balance. We've never been able to stop the blitz (or maybe it just seems that way) and pass protection has been mediocre to middlin'. I'd rather see a slightly above-average QB with phenomenal pass protection than a star QB who gets knocked down (or out) every pass play.

I'm just glad they got rid of Caldwell.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's more generous that I would be. And I am a big Colts fan. I just have an suspicion that Luck is going to have more in common with Leaf than a four-lettered last name that starts with L. Would that I am wrong.

As much as it pains me, trading Manning probably was the right call. He's past his prime. Not that he doesn't have good years left, but I don't think we'll every see another Super Bowl outta him. Whether or not Luck is the right call for a replacement....:dunno: time will tell.

One more thought: the offensive line has always been a weakness. For as long as I can remember, the Colts have had to have a QB that could scramble and stay mobile and still make catchable passes off-balance. We've never been able to stop the blitz (or maybe it just seems that way) and pass protection has been mediocre to middlin'. I'd rather see a slightly above-average QB with phenomenal pass protection than a star QB who gets knocked down (or out) every pass play.

I'm just glad they got rid of Caldwell.

I have heard the Luck vs Leaf comparisons and its really not a good one imo. Leaf had major charachter issues coming out of college. He was immature and not nearly as smart as Luck. He also did not have the luxury of having an NFL QB father to relay his wisdom of how to handle the stress that comes with being an NFL players. Luck has also had Peyton as a Mentor for a few years in Mannings QB camps. Luck is as well prepared to be in the NFL as a college QB can be.

Leaf was a flake and surprise surprise he flaked out and couldnt handle the pressure. If Luck fails it will not be due to his head like Leaf, it will be that he is not good enough to play the game and I just dont see that.

I am not saying he is as good as Peyton, but really he doesnt have to be. The Colts as an organization has seen the follies of building a one man show, it only works if that one man is healthy and even then he cannot have an off day or you lose.

Also Manning wasnt traded, he was cut. Trading him was not possible.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have heard the Luck vs Leaf comparisons and its really not a good one imo. Leaf had major charachter issues coming out of college. He was immature and not nearly as smart as Luck. He also did not have the luxury of having an NFL QB father to relay his wisdom of how to handle the stress that comes with being an NFL players. Luck has also had Peyton as a Mentor for a few years in Mannings QB camps. Luck is as well prepared to be in the NFL as a college QB can be.

Leaf was a flake and surprise surprise he flaked out and couldnt handle the pressure. If Luck fails it will not be due to his head like Leaf, it will be that he is not good enough to play the game and I just dont see that.

I am not saying he is as good as Peyton, but really he doesnt have to be. The Colts as an organization has seen the follies of building a one man show, it only works if that one man is healthy and even then he cannot have an off day or you lose.

Why are you arguing this? You read way too much into my comment.

Also Manning wasnt traded, he was cut. Trading him was not possible.
    It doesn't matter.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You must have a crystal ball or something :yesway:

So who is your team?

I don't have a team. I don't play in the NFL and I do not own a team. If you can't see that the O-line has had problems in Indy for years, you know absolutely nothing about football. Indy's old savior even spoke about how poor the O-line played to the media. The coaches have brought up poor O-line play but it hasn't been addressed.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I don't have a team. I don't play in the NFL and I do not own a team. If you can't see that the O-line has had problems in Indy for years, you know absolutely nothing about football. Indy's old savior even spoke about how poor the O-line played to the media. The coaches have brought up poor O-line play but it hasn't been addressed.

Who is the team you root for?:):

Top Bottom