• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootsforfun

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have the solution: We don't need to ban Assault weapons and high cap mags.....We need to ban Criminals, and Stupid this would eliminate all of the problems in America....I say we start a petition.....

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have the solution: We don't need to ban Assault weapons and high cap mags.....We need to ban Criminals, and Stupid this would eliminate all of the problems in America....I say we start a petition.....

I don't understand why they don't make it illegal to kill people then kill yourself.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have already banned criminal behavior. Bans simply don't work.

Be careful when banning "stupid". Half of the country has below average intelligence!

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    If we could just ban crime then all criminal acts would be illegal and never happen because we passed a law against them

Rafterman

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Still I think a banning or a partial ban on ARs or any assault rifle is feel good politics. So many other guns can cause much devastation if used the wrong manner.
    If you have a normal guy that owns ARs and other arms, hunts, plinks and goes to work each day. A law abiding citizen. Then his wife wants a divorce, takes most the money, the kids. After years of stewing he can't take it and goes off. No longer "normal" or sane in a sense. But already has his guns.
    How do you prevent that scenarnio??
    How do you weed out all the members of society that have the potential to have mental problems or think they will? If they have lots of weapons or not a one.

Problem is, the situation is always changing and people change. You can never ever stop this change good or bad. Sometimes guns are a factor in this change as life goes on and we see what happens.

So they will make their feel good laws and restrictions as before. But right now someone is primed after years of isolation or feeling of revenge for being born. His grandfather has a older semi auto 22 in the closet. Well....you get it.
    So now explain how a ban will prevent what will happen.

I don't have the answers, but unfortunately I don't believe they do either.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Still I think a banning or a partial ban on ARs or any assault rifle is feel good politics. So many other guns can cause much devastation if used the wrong manner.
    If you have a normal guy that owns ARs and other arms, hunts, plinks and goes to work each day. A law abiding citizen. Then his wife wants a divorce, takes most the money, the kids. After years of stewing he can't take it and goes off. No longer "normal" or sane in a sense. But already has his guns.
    How do you prevent that scenarnio??
    How do you weed out all the members of society that have the potential to have mental problems or think they will? If they have lots of weapons or not a one.

Problem is, the situation is always changing and people change. You can never ever stop this change good or bad. Sometimes guns are a factor in this change as life goes on and we see what happens.

So they will make their feel good laws and restrictions as before. But right now someone is primed after years of isolation or feeling of revenge for being born. His grandfather has a older semi auto 22 in the closet. Well....you get it.
    So now explain how a ban will prevent what will happen.

I don't have the answers, but unfortunately I don't believe they do either.

There is not a single act of legislation Obama or anyone in Washington D.C. could pass that could do a damn thing to prevent mass shootings. Our society is set up to be reactive not proactive.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    If you have a normal guy that owns baseball bats and plays baseball and goes to work each day. A law abiding citizen. Then his wife wants a divorce, takes most the money, the kids. After years of stewing he can't take it and goes off. No longer "normal" or sane in a sense. But already has his baseball bats.
    How do you prevent that scenario??

Or a knife, or a sharp stick? I don't need a gun to kill someone if I REALLY want to do it.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    If you have a normal guy that owns baseball bats and plays baseball and goes to work each day. A law abiding citizen. Then his wife wants a divorce, takes most the money, the kids. After years of stewing he can't take it and goes off. No longer "normal" or sane in a sense. But already has his baseball bats.
    How do you prevent that scenario??

Or a knife, or a sharp stick? I don't need a gun to kill someone if I REALLY want to do it.

No possible way to stop it if you have a determined lunatic out there.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I 100% believe that most, if not all sociopaths are capable and will kill people if the urge strikes them. This has and will happen, period. The only somewhat effective measure is to arm people that can stop them before they kill many. Israel is the proof, since 1970 all school guards and teachers have been armed - stemming from a group massacre of children in a bus. Since the 1970's no group massacre has occurred - and Israel is and has been a target of terrorists every since. This talk of a gun ban is a knee jerk reaction - allowing the liberals to take political advantage from the massacre - damn them all for doing that.

Rafterman

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I agree 100% LarryC!!! The masses out there have an ignorance regarding firearms. They have their affirmation that because of the number of guns out there, that is where the problem stems. Naturally we gun enthusiasts do not agree and know better. We state, more of the good people need to be armed to prevent or limit such tragedies, but they believe that would only increase the overall danger level out there in society. More guns, more killings by their thinking. Their reasons and
    The debate can go on forever, but again like other posters here stated, the sociopaths WILL find a way to carry out there intent to kill.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    I'm armed always and so is the family. I'm good. You know you can try to convince everyone that the wall was just painted and hang a sign on it WARNING everyone it's wet. But still half of all Americans will still get paint on them after reading the sign. A lot of people don't get it. I just do everything I can to keep paint off my family.

Top Bottom