• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Welcome to the Appleseed Project

What the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) is all about:
    The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away — no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.

So why me?

This country was founded and won by riflemen who fought and beat British forces. We invite all interested marksmen to learn the skills and techniques necessary to shoot proficiently; and then hope you'll participate in teaching and practicing with others so that together we can save this great land. Why you? Well, that's simple: if you're on this page we're betting you're a patriot, and we hope you answer the call.

What's a rifleman?

In short, a rifleman is an armed American, trained in the tradition of American Liberty. It's a man who has learned to shoot a rifle accurately — accurate enough to score "expert" on the Army Qualification Course. Until you can do that, you're considered a "Cook," unprepared and unqualified to carry a rifle on the firing line of freedom. But after attending an Appleseed AQT shoot, you'll have the credentials necessary to be a true rifleman, and will understand the critical need for defending freedom in this country.

The RWVA is dedicated to the Appleseed Program and encourages every American to learn to shoot.

UncleRed

Plinker
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lafayette
    It is my personal opinion the being able to shoot my rifle accurately is just as important to my Second Amendment liberty as owning the rifle itself.

-UR

brianheeter

Marksman
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Brent,

There is a calendar. Go here Project Appleseed Home Hit the "Appleseed" pulldown menu toward the top of the page and select "Schedule." From there you pick the state you are interested in and it will give you a list of scheduled shoots for the year.

As ammo is tough to come by right now, plan ahead and get some for the rifle you plan on using even if you don't think you will attend a shoot soon.

I look forward to seeing you on the line.

C ya,

brian
    IIT3, Project Appleseed

papadog97

Plinker
    Feb 9, 2013
    It's an interesting program. Is available 3 times this year at Bend of the River Conservation Club in Buchanan, MI.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never been to an Appleseed event, but I have competed in National Match Highpower Rifle on a National level. I have read the information on the site and believe I understand the course of fire. I have two teenagers I would like to take to an Appleseed. Where can I get the 4 sizes of tombstone targets for the purpose of zeroing their rifles and practicing?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I have never been to an Appleseed event, but I have competed in National Match Highpower Rifle on a National level. I have read the information on the site and believe I understand the course of fire. I have two teenagers I would like to take to an Appleseed. Where can I get the 4 sizes of tombstone targets for the purpose of zeroing their rifles and practicing?

You can buy the Appleseed QDT targets on their site.

Appleseed Store > Targets

But you honestly don't need to buy targets before going to one. I just zeroed my rifle in on a regular small bore rifle target before going to my first event last year and it was fine. You'll also shoot redcoat targets and do some other sight adjustments on your first day. Don't stress about preparing too much.

Show up with your rifles, slings, ammo, and a "teachable attitude" as they say and you'll be fine. Only thing I would have done differently my first time is bring more magazines. I only brought 2 for my 10/22. You can get by with two but if you have the means of bringing more that is good. You will do less reloading between stages of the actual AQTs and can focus more on everything you've learned.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    The other option is to draw a 1" black box on a piece of paper and post it at 25 meters (82 feet). Zero on that square and you will be set.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    :yesway:I was fortunate to shoot Rifleman on my first go-round in Crawfordsville with ATM as shoot boss. An Appleseed is for anyone who wants to learn safe rifle handling skills, learn valuable marksmanship skills, and learn about the events leading up to April 19, 1775 and the shot heard 'round the world. I can promise you'll leave with a better understanding of all three and a hunger for more. If you're on the fence, just go do it. Then you'll understand. The "Seventh Step" by the way, is spreading the word and getting others involved like I'm doing now.

Top Bottom