• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    have any of folks been to an appleseed project event? my roommate was telling me there is one in niles mi this spring. Is anyone involved with this org? It seems like a pretty good way to spend a weekend working on some training.

Appleseed Project

thats their link.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Plenty of people here are instructors in Appleseed, and lots more have been to an event. You are correct, it's a wonderful way to spend a weekend. We have events year-round and all over the country. You can check out our sub-forum here on INGO to find out all about it.

Appleseed - INGunOwners

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Yes, do it. My wife and I did an Appleseed last year, had a ton of fun, and greatly improved our shooting.

I've never heard anyone say anything bad about an Appleseed event.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    some of the best marksmanship training one can receive

:+1:

Everything the Marine Corps taught me about rifle marksmanship I learned first from Appleseed. And you see that Rifle Expert marksmanship badge over there in my avatar? They know what they're talking about.

And as a bonus: the way they teach the stuff at Appleseed events is way more fun than the way the Corps teaches it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Marksmanship and American heritage go together kinda like bacon and eggs. :rockwoot:

...and you can click the link in my sig line below for the official Appleseed website. :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    how many people usually are in attendance at an average event? Obv this will vary but are they usually small group 6-15 type of thing or is it a larger 40+ type event? Either way from what I've been reading they sound like a lot of fun.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    as a shooter, you will not find a better bang for your buck. it is a lot of information, in a small amount of time, kind of like drinking from a firehose. you WILL learn a lot.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    how many people usually are in attendance at an average event? Obv this will vary but are they usually small group 6-15 type of thing or is it a larger 40+ type event? Either way from what I've been reading they sound like a lot of fun.

Attendance varies by location and time of year. The 2 we hosted in Niles last year had 24 or so the first weekend of July with temperatures hovering around 95 degrees. In October with a cool rainy weekend we had about 32.

I went to one with 5 of Saturday and Sunday it was just me and 3 instructors.

There are always enough instructors to meet the needs of the students no matter what the attendance. Usually there well be at least 1 shoot boss and 2 instructors which may include an instructor in training and or an instructor.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It is absolutely fantastic training! I need to get scheduled into a Winterseed myself to supplement my Rifleman patch with a Winterseed version...

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    :+1:

Everything the Marine Corps taught me about rifle marksmanship I learned first from Appleseed. And you see that Rifle Expert marksmanship badge over there in my avatar? They know what they're talking about.

Did I just read that? What a testament. Jrainw's comment's a good one too.

Events often differ in size. Some ranges only get a handful or are limited by size, some, like Bedford, sell out months in advance and will have 35 people there.

The best way to go to one is to go with a buddy that you have known long enough that you kinda like to see him fall flat on his face. That seems to be a good time.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I had one of the best times at the Appleseed I attended in 2012... In fact I consider it one of the best things I've done for myself. I love shooting and I've participated in many different shooting sports and Appleseed is absolutely right on top of all the things I've done like that.

Top Bottom