• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    No, I have no first hand experience with BCI. That being said, a rifle built to mil-spec is built to mil-spec. If two companies use the same materials, do the same quality testing (HPT/MPI), build to mil-spec (lowest acceptable military standards), and you pay more for one than the other, you paid more for the roll mark.

Well, just by reading their website these aren't built to Mil-Spec. 4140 is the barrel steel(4150 is Mil-Spec). Just FYI. Not saying these aren't good plinking rifles, but until someone puts one through an accredited carbine class(i.e. Gunsite, EAG, etc) I am still skeptical. Too many cheap ARs popping up recently in the last years trying to cash in. Just my thoughts and not trying to be snarky:ingo:

FettBuilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I don't own anything in the AR platform but I noticed in the photos on the company's website that they put a copy of the Constitution in the box with the rifle. Props to them for that.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I don't own anything in the AR platform but I noticed in the photos on the company's website that they put a copy of the Constitution in the box with the rifle. Props to them for that.

The guys at Bremen Castings (BCI) are huge 2A supporters and Patriots. I would buy their product just to support a fellow gun nut and true patriot. The bonus is that they actually put out a dang good rifle.

BCI Defense

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Bremen, Indiana
    Good morning to you all at INGO. My name is JB Brown and I am the president at BCI Defense, LLC (BCID). There seems to be some confusion about what we do and what we are. If you go to our web site Home ? BCI Defense BCI Defense you can find our products and information about our company. Also the spec sheet for our "Domestic Defense" rifle can be found at SQS15 Rifle: Domestic Defense Model ? BCI Defense BCI Defense BCID manufactures and machines our own lowers, uppers, receiver extensions (buffer tubes) and later this month our own charging handles. We have teamed up with Leitner-Wise MFG Paul Leitner-Wise ? Leitner-Wise Manufacturing | SEMPER VIGILANS and ALG Defense ALG Defense | Custom Triggers & Rails | Where Triggers with Tradition, Value and Regulatory Concerns are of Primary Importance to give you all a quality machined rifle with the help of some world class manufactures like Leitner-Wise MFG. I invite any emails of questions or concerns to me personally jb@bcidefense.com We are proud manufactures in Bremen, IN using 100% USA made products and materials. Safe shooting!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Good morning to you all at INGO. My name is JB Brown and I am the president at BCI Defense, LLC (BCID). There seems to be some confusion about what we do and what we are. If you go to our web site Home ? BCI Defense BCI Defense you can find our products and information about our company. Also the spec sheet for our "Domestic Defense" rifle can be found at SQS15 Rifle: Domestic Defense Model ? BCI Defense BCI Defense BCID manufactures and machines our own lowers, uppers, receiver extensions (buffer tubes) and later this month our own charging handles. We have teamed up with Leitner-Wise MFG Paul Leitner-Wise ? Leitner-Wise Manufacturing | SEMPER VIGILANS and ALG Defense ALG Defense | Custom Triggers & Rails | Where Triggers with Tradition, Value and Regulatory Concerns are of Primary Importance to give you all a quality machined rifle with the help of some world class manufactures like Leitner-Wise MFG. I invite any emails of questions or concerns to me personally jb@bcidefense.com We are proud manufactures in Bremen, IN using 100% USA made products and materials. Safe shooting!

When is the Ted Nugent signature model coming out?

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    With those grade of components AND a GEISSLE TRIGGER!!!!! That's a deal. Sounds to me it is on par with a COLT.

Not to start any sh*t, but I belong to a private gun club and one day while there a bunch of members who are LOE's were shooting their work AR's. I asked their advice on what would be a good AR to buy in my price range. I specifically asked about the Colt LE and to a man they all said your paying more than it's worth for as they put it "a pretty pony stamp" and to spend my cash else where. Considering these guys lives may one depend on their AR's I took their AR advice to heart. They also were the first people to suggest I build my own as they all did.

So I built my own out of 100% Mil-Spec parts complete with a nickle boron full auto BCG made from carpenter 158 mag particle inspected, high pressure tested, gas key hardend to USGI Mil-spec, tool steel extractor, properly staked, O ring sealed extractor spring all fasteners grade 8, a 4150 CHF, CMV FN machinegun steel barrel WITHOUT the barrel cut for the 40mm G/launcher. Total cost W/S&H & FFL fee was about $652.
    Waiting on my lower to arrive at my FFL guy. If they made one with a straight contour barrel for $699 I would likely buy, as I hate the G/L barrel cut. I simply can not understand why they leave that cut in the barrel. None of us civilians are EVER going to mount a 40mm G/L under our AR's.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I simply can not understand why they leave that cut in the barrel. None of us civilians are EVER going to mount a 40mm G/L under our AR's.

Odds are the companies that have the "G/L cut" (Government Profile) bought the barrel blanks from a manufacturer that MASS produces for the government and they sell the blanks at a fraction of the cost. It's not that the company is expecting you to mount a grenade launcher to it, they just don't expect that you'll care what profile you get so they buy from the most inexpensive source.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So I built my own out of 100% Mil-Spec parts complete with a nickle boron full auto BCG made from carpenter 158 mag particle inspected, high pressure tested, gas key hardend to USGI Mil-spec, tool steel extractor, properly staked, O ring sealed extractor spring all fasteners grade 8, a 4150 CHF, CMV FN machinegun steel barrel WITHOUT the barrel cut for the 40mm G/launcher. Total cost W/S&H & FFL fee was about $652.
    Waiting on my lower to arrive at my FFL guy. If they made one with a straight contour barrel for $699 I would likely buy, as I hate the G/L barrel cut. I simply can not understand why they leave that cut in the barrel. None of us civilians are EVER going to mount a 40mm G/L under our AR's.

It wouldn't be considered a "mil-spec" rifle with a Nib BCG though.

Term mil spec is thrown around way too much though

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

Folks, THAT is quality customer service right there! A company that actually WANTS to hear from their customers and wants feedback. Even putting the president's personal email address on a public forum.

Top Bottom