• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My opinion? They're going to waste a crapload of taxpayer dollars and drag the competition out over a year or two, only to decide that the M4 (or product-improved M4, which is being developed through a separate but parallel process) is good enough until they can get their "leap ahead" technology (i.e. energy weapons). They will, however, use the threat of replacement in conjunction with their possession of the M4 TDP to dictate lower prices on future production runs.

Either that, the Remington ACR is gonna walk away with it. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How boss would it be if they made a 21st century B.A.R. ? Synthetic stocks, 50 rnd drums, 30 rnd mags?

You mean like an FND? Like an SS77?

You mean like the M249?

Or, like the M27? Yeah, that would be cool . . . if only they made those things.:D

They're going to waste a crapload of taxpayer dollars and drag the competition out over a year or two, only to decide that the M4 (or product-improved M4, which is being developed through a separate but parallel process) is good enough until they can get their "leap ahead" technology (i.e. energy weapons).

Ah, so you are old enough to remember the ACR program as well?:D

Yes, this is ACR II. The generals have to pee away money if they want that next command.

I like how they mention that the Rangers got SCARs in Afghanistan. Wasn't that just one company?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    my bets would be it will be a ps90 simply for the fact nato/un thinks the .223 is too powerful.. :n00b:s. the military will put its tail between its legs and bow down.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    i think the M4/M16 will stick around for a while. they will probably just continue to modify it. if they did switch id like to see the 7.62x51mm come back to US standard issue. be cooler if you could carry more ammo with less weight than it does now. speaking of...........has anyone ever heard of the "caseless" ammo since the G11? it seemed like a good idea, maybe we could try that route for future rifle.....could you imagine a battle rifle in 7.62x51 caseless round with same ballistics as a case round and being able to carry several hundred rounds for weight of 100 rounds

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    They have yet to find a good binder for the Gunpowder...

Buy the way all you Hero's that want to see the 7.62x51 make a come back. Try to Hump a couple hundred rounds across the terrain for awhile...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    when hunting insurgents in the mountains of afghanistan i consider the OVER penetration a welcome suprise......2 insurgents, 1 bullet....like findin a diamond ring in a crackerjack box:D
    One of the main driving reasons for switching to 5.56 decades ago was the experiences that were gained from WWi, WWII, and the Korean Conflict. Buildings really do not work well to stop a 7.62 round from impacting your buddy...

Besides 99% of the Joes in the Military can hardly take full advantage of the Range of the 5.56, let alone the further range of the 7.62...
    lets switch to war with painballs and paint grenades.

you get hit, you sit out and you're done.

Man, I am so down with that Idea!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom