• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The company I am working for is not wasting any time to make cuts in light of the new taxes and mandates.

I wonder which room I get to go to?

Update: I'm now looking for a new employer. The good news is I already had some feelers out. It should not be long.............

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I'm worried about the younger coworkers. I could use a vacation. My wife would keep me busy with projects at the homestead while I look for another job.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    private or public company?

my company is public, which stings less when they are matching stock options.
    part of my 401k. about 15% of my investments are in our stock, however i -can- fully decide where my money goes.

i'm assuming, since your employer is having to make tough decisions, that you're a part of a small business.
    start asking questions. ask why. ask your employer why, then shove your questions/complaints to your congressman.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    private or public company?

my company is public, which stings less when they are matching stock options.
    part of my 401k. about 15% of my investments are in our stock, however i -can- fully decide where my money goes.

i'm assuming, since your employer is having to make tough decisions, that you're a part of a small business.
    start asking questions. ask why. ask your employer why, then shove your questions/complaints to your congressman.

The company has about 2,200 employees.

I have an email asking to make sure I bring my laptop to work on Friday. The email was sent at 5 am this morning.:xmad:

Is this how you are drafted into the FSA?

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    The same thing happened to me about a year ago after working the same place for 32 years. Just take life one day at a time. Good luck.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    With my down time, I have been playing project manager at home. I've be able to get some contractors to do some work that is needed that I really don't want to do.

They jumped at a chance to work. I did not know how little work was being done in construction. One showed up on Monday and the other spent the day working today.

Top Bottom