• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There’s a balance between protecting society and being innocent until proven guilty. The point of bail isn’t to keep someone locked up, it’s to give a financial incentive to show up to court. If someone else is paying your bail, that incentive is gone. I also think there is an issue with taxpayers funding donations to this group.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why are we as a society saying it’s ok help
    Bail out Felons, so they can commit more crimes/murder.
    This is just one example.
    This crap should not be happening here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once upon a time we as a society had the option and ability to say it's not ok. Those days have passed, buried with what once was a representative form of government with "We the people" at the helm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "
    There’s a balance between protecting society and being innocent until proven guilty. The point of bail isn’t to keep someone locked up, it’s to give a financial incentive to show up to court. If someone else is paying your bail, that incentive is gone. I also think there is an issue with taxpayers funding donations to this group.
    "Winning"

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So write to your State Legicritters. I'm giving mine explicit instruction, often with links to Mr. Snyder's conversations on the Gun Guy show.

The revolving door needs shut, and the catch and release bail and pled down charges need to stop!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I was curious where the money came from.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    So write to your State Legicritters. I'm giving mine explicit instruction, often with links to Mr. Snyder's conversations on the Gun Guy show.

The revolving door needs shut, and the catch and release bail and pled down charges need to stop!
    Would you care to share your specific correspondence? Appropriately redacted of course.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Golly, I wonder if I'd been arrested if they'd have paid my bail?

Since it's tax money, we are all already paying. It would be good for the public to see the names of those who made the decision to hand over the quarter million.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    This is why the media isn't talking about the Waukesha SUV driver case hardly at all, because the facts became too damning and this was one of them. Their catch-and-release judicial system let that monster out and that's why he was able to do what he did. But will anyone be held accountable? Don't count in it.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Soros is the one who put all the liberal DA's all across the country. All this blood is on his hands.

We use to have a whacko who lived out in the sticks near me. He would shoot at people and the sheriff said their wasn't anything they could do if he wasn't actively shooting when they got there. He then shot his neighbor in the head with a deer slug, beat him over the head with the shotgun until the stock broke and then bent the barrel over his head. Believe it or not, it didn't kill him, but he spent the rest of his days in a nursing home having to be fed and watching Gilligan's Island.

It took two trials to convict him and the victims sons and extended family let the court know he would be a lot safer in the worse prison than being let out in their midst.

Isn't it sad that the courts no longer serve the victims but the perps? It seems there is no one striving for "right" just the lesser of evils. I do not know what it would take to re-center the system but it seems the word "justice" is now some kind of sick sliding scale of social whims...

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Would you care to share your specific correspondence? Appropriately redacted of course.
    Representative Schaibley,

I previously wrote you regarding the stabbing of two IMPD officers by an individual who simply should NOT have been on the streets, Rick Snyder of the FOP addressed this event on the WIBC Gun Guy Show. I ask that you listen to this discussion, and ask yourself how long the Indiana Legislature is going to permit this subversive behavior to continue. https://omny.fm/shows/the-gun-guy/p...und=444444&background=ffffff&highlight=025bb5

I have written to you previously on this subject. I should not have to be writing again, as concrete action should have already been taken.

The discussion with Rick Snyder from the FOP on WIBC's Gun Guy show from July 3rd should be running in a loop on every media outlet, right after they broadcast the latest criminal atrocity in Indianapolis. To that they can add the December 4th show linked above.

The changes to the bail system, night court, and other "progressive improvements", are in fact anything but improvements.

The Indiana Legislature needs to fix them, if necessary by preempting local control over some of the above changes. By the Indiana Legislature, I really mean you and your Party's members who have the means to make these changes.

I also firmly believe that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head. It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in. It would also be appropriate to place recidivism requirements as a term limit on the Prosecutor's position. If Indiana is willing to term limit Sheriffs, a Constitutional office, then there should be NO problem with term limiting Prosecutors on the basis of performance.

"I am going to straight up beg and implore that you listen to this podcast between Guy Relford esq. and FOP representative Rick Snyder. Listen to it in full, you may want to take notes to fact check certain statements.

If the claims made by Mr. Snyder are true, and I believe they are, then the Indiana Legislature needs to amend Indiana Statutes to take corrective action on the root causes of Indianapolis crime surge.

Again, I urge that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head.

NO ONE who commits a violent crime (dictionary definition) should be bonded out until the totality of their historical behavior and the current event are assessed by a member of the judiciary. NO ONE involved in an immediate crime of violence should be bonded out on $500 or $750, so they can go complete the crime they were committing when arrested. Further it is ludicrous to put a "homeless person" on "Home Detention" with an ankle monitor.

Frankly, some of the things described by Mr. Snyder are beyond negligence, they are criminal acts against the rest of society.

If local governments cannot act to protect their citizens from the immediate acts of predatory individuals, then it is imperative that the State government step in via preemption to protect ALL citizens of the State.

If Indiana has a budget surplus, this subject is one to spend some of the money on. Hire night court judges, authorize more prosecutors, set reporting and performance criteria for prosecutors. Fund County Jail improvement and expansion.

To those who will whine about actual and reasonable bond requirements being re-instituted, there is a simple retort. We tried it your way and it was an unmitigated disaster!"

I would very much like to have the opportunity to speak with you on this subject. I want to provide you the opportunity to look me in the eye and tell me what you and the Republican caucus are going to do NOW to address the crime and deterioration of our civil society.

Thank you.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Representative Schaibley,

I previously wrote you regarding the stabbing of two IMPD officers by an individual who simply should NOT have been on the streets, Rick Snyder of the FOP addressed this event on the WIBC Gun Guy Show. I ask that you listen to this discussion, and ask yourself how long the Indiana Legislature is going to permit this subversive behavior to continue. https://omny.fm/shows/the-gun-guy/p...und=444444&background=ffffff&highlight=025bb5

I have written to you previously on this subject. I should not have to be writing again, as concrete action should have already been taken.

The discussion with Rick Snyder from the FOP on WIBC's Gun Guy show from July 3rd should be running in a loop on every media outlet, right after they broadcast the latest criminal atrocity in Indianapolis. To that they can add the December 4th show linked above.

The changes to the bail system, night court, and other "progressive improvements", are in fact anything but improvements.

The Indiana Legislature needs to fix them, if necessary by preempting local control over some of the above changes. By the Indiana Legislature, I really mean you and your Party's members who have the means to make these changes.

I also firmly believe that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head. It is also probably time to separate Prosecutors from the Judicial circuits and place one in each County as an elected official responsible to the County and whatever circuit they reside in. It would also be appropriate to place recidivism requirements as a term limit on the Prosecutor's position. If Indiana is willing to term limit Sheriffs, a Constitutional office, then there should be NO problem with term limiting Prosecutors on the basis of performance.

"I am going to straight up beg and implore that you listen to this podcast between Guy Relford esq. and FOP representative Rick Snyder. Listen to it in full, you may want to take notes to fact check certain statements.

If the claims made by Mr. Snyder are true, and I believe they are, then the Indiana Legislature needs to amend Indiana Statutes to take corrective action on the root causes of Indianapolis crime surge.

Again, I urge that local LEO executives (e.g. Chiefs of Police) need to be elected positions, separated from the local elected Executive branch head.

NO ONE who commits a violent crime (dictionary definition) should be bonded out until the totality of their historical behavior and the current event are assessed by a member of the judiciary. NO ONE involved in an immediate crime of violence should be bonded out on $500 or $750, so they can go complete the crime they were committing when arrested. Further it is ludicrous to put a "homeless person" on "Home Detention" with an ankle monitor.

Frankly, some of the things described by Mr. Snyder are beyond negligence, they are criminal acts against the rest of society.

If local governments cannot act to protect their citizens from the immediate acts of predatory individuals, then it is imperative that the State government step in via preemption to protect ALL citizens of the State.

If Indiana has a budget surplus, this subject is one to spend some of the money on. Hire night court judges, authorize more prosecutors, set reporting and performance criteria for prosecutors. Fund County Jail improvement and expansion.

To those who will whine about actual and reasonable bond requirements being re-instituted, there is a simple retort. We tried it your way and it was an unmitigated disaster!"

I would very much like to have the opportunity to speak with you on this subject. I want to provide you the opportunity to look me in the eye and tell me what you and the Republican caucus are going to do NOW to address the crime and deterioration of our civil society.

Thank you.
    Thank you. Now I need to figure out how to make it relevant to my City-County critter.

Top Bottom