• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Oh, gee, officer, I didn't mean to shoot anybody. I just wanted to see if my pistol's safety was on so I fired it out the car window 8 times. I guess I was just careless and misguided. I thought bullets only hit people if you meant for them to hit someone."

Well, it worked for the defense of the BLM guy that shot up the cops house and car last week in Indy.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wonder if perhaps not only the lack of conviction but the lack of proof that a criminal act occurred, apparent misconduct by the prosecutor to withhold exculpatory evidence, and the political advantage to the prosecutions losing steam might have influence that a bit?

There's a law review article in that one sentence.

"I'm not saying you did anything nefarious. I'm saying you don't understand what 'exculpatory' means," Williams told prosecutors upon discovering the violations.

Is this like what happened with Hiliary?

Yes, you committed a crime, but you weren't doing it on purpose; you were just careless or, in this case, stupid?

No, not like Clinton.

More administrative or civil violation. Proper remedy is achieved in the case itself.

To clarify, I'm not saying it's either right or ok. It's quite the opposite. I just don't know if it's a crime, a procedural violation that could result in mistrial, ethics violation that the bar takes care of, grounds to be sued, or some combination of them.

Yes, precisely. Just more evidence in the cops' counterpunch (the vindictive/malicious prosecution civil suit).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The trials (i.e. criminal jeopardy) may be over, but this whole thing is far from over. Mosby doubled down on her anti-police rhetoric in her press conference today. Not only are the officers involved still in administrative jeopardy (i.e. their careers/livelihoods may still be over), but Mosby continues to widen the rift between the Baltimore city administration and the front-line LEO.

Unfortunately, this will get much uglier before it gets better.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The trials (i.e. criminal jeopardy) may be over, but this whole thing is far from over. Mosby doubled down on her anti-police rhetoric in her press conference today. Not only are the officers involved still in administrative jeopardy (i.e. their careers/livelihoods may still be over), but Mosby continues to widen the rift between the Baltimore city administration and the front-line LEO.

Unfortunately, this will get much uglier before it gets better.

And all I'm hearing from Facebook "friends" are that the system is "rigged".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well the US AG spot is already taken when the HBIC takes over. Might still be a federal job for her.
    They have those Civil Rights Commission gigs in DOJ. I am sure she would love to bring her level of enlightenment to a position like that.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The system is rigged, otherwise the charges would never have been filed.

QFT!

A lot of people find it easier to blame society for the actions of their kids. They won't take personal responsibility for the way they let their kids turn out. It's easier to say the "man is holding them down". Oppressing them. It's an easy out.

The democratic party is doing a great job of pandering to these people. Look at the stage they gave them the other night at the DNC. Pure genious. The democratic party is a mess (JMHO) when they have to use these people to get votes. I would have understood the ideal better if they had LEO's up on that same stage. Even at a different time. Give all sides a voice. But nope. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. And some of those wheels aren't worth the grease. JMHO

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep, Freddy Gray killed himself over an knife.

You know better than that. I know you understand that situations can be suspicious, but you don't charge people with a crime without evidence that you reasonably believe can be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Imagine what would happen if every time, police officer involved or not, we charged people with crimes because it looks hinky, but we don't have evidence to prove the crime.

Savage300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    truth is our what the authorities can do is becoming greater and greater. Its a slippery slope when in the name of community that we sacrafice our individual liberties. We have slowly been permissive to what can be done in good faith.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    truth is our what the authorities can do is becoming greater and greater. Its a slippery slope when in the name of community that we sacrafice our individual liberties. We have slowly been permissive to what can be done in good faith.

Yeah, no one really talks about why Gray was arrested. At the end of the day, a guy is dead who shouldn't be, and the fault is placed right at the feet of the city of Baltimore.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

OR, the truth is that beyond a reasonable doubt is a steep slope on a miserable criminal case.

Police get due process too and are just as entitled to BRD as anyone else.

Top Bottom