92g-brig-tac_new_main-lft.jpg

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I cut my teeth on a 1911 in .45ACP, then dabbled in the Glock world on the side (short lived) while still carrying my 1911. I changed to 9mm a handful of years ago so I could start learning what my students were bringing to my classes.

I ended up testing the XD and M&P series and landed with the M&P because I could more closely mimic the 1911 trigger by using the Apex FSS. That family of firearms is one I shot well, just as I've learned to shoot several other families of firearms.

With those things being said... I EDC an M&P 9mm FS and rotate between a G43, J-Frame, Shield, and M&Pc for my smaller carry days. As much as I enjoy shooting it, I get harassed by a Friend for leaving my 4" Wilson 1911 9mm Professional in my safe too much. Simply can't justify getting my Prom Queen all sweaty, muddy, and bloody. And... I've recently traded for a jacked up G19 that needs someone to love it.

If you want something that goes *BANG* everytime to carry? G19 / M&P (darn near any of them)
    If you want something fin and sexy that will go *BANG*? 1911... I've had the RO and kept my Wilson. The extra money is well worth it, IMHO.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I struggle with things fitting well in my hands so a lot of the plastic options are a struggle for me. I love the PPQ but hate the PPS. I wanted to love the Sig P320 but it just didn't fit well either, similar experiences with Glocks and most of the "carry" sized options I've tried so far. Lots to go on trying though so I may find another that fits.

They all get beat by my RO 9mm. I'm more comfortable and more accurate with it so it's what I take to the range 99.5% of the time. My fiancé has fallen in love with my PPQ in the mean time.

So for me, the plastic option would have to be a PPQ otherwise I'd prefer a 1911.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    In my order of best all around CZ75/85, S&W 5906, S&W 5943, and S&W 5946. Best feel S&W 3906, S&W 3913, CZ75/85, and S&W 3953.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

VERY nice! I have one of those, too, and LOVE it!

I carry a Glock 19, and depend on it for defense, but the Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical is the one I like to shoot, hold, and gawk at, the most. It is a fine work of art.

I like the Glock 19 (mine is a Gen 4) for its size, light weight, feel, reliability, durability, feel, and...I might be the only one....the looks. It is all function, no form, other than the FDE frame on mine. I like that. I also know everyone thinks Glock triggers suck, but I don't even think about that when shooting it. Probably because of lots of practice, I'm more accurate with it than with any other hand gun. I put Truglo TFX sights and Talon rubberized grips on it to tweak it to be just right for me. The only thing I'd change, if I had the chance, would be to get rid of the finger grooves.

I love my old Ruger SR9, too. It has been 100% reliable and takes a beating. I had an SR9c that was great, too.

Last edited:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    For me, Sig 226
    Fits my hand, I can shoot the heck out of it, Looks good, high capacity, Never had an issue with either I own, I really like the older West German ones.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, looks like a bunch of fine weapons to think about. I have been thinking about the HK VP9 a lot of late because I really do want to get another HK Pistol as I sold the one I had a while back and wish I hadn't done so.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    OK, looks like a bunch of fine weapons to think about. I have been thinking about the HK VP9 a lot of late because I really do want to get another HK Pistol as I sold the one I had a while back and wish I hadn't done so.

The VP9 is a fine gun and should fit well in your large hands. It's a great choice for a striker fired gun and a fun range toy.

As somebody mentioned earlier' look at the P30 if you prefer a hammer fired DA/SA.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Out of curiosity, what is this one? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/Hi-Point-handguns/9MM_handgun.html

They ain't pretty, they weigh too much, and they don't hold enough rounds, but don't dismiss a Hi-Point. You can get one for under $200 and they run much more reliably than almost any other gun in that price range. They also have great customer service.

Great truck guns. Great for storing off site or buried in a coffee can as part of a cache.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hi-Point Firearms: 9mm Handgun - Black

They ain't pretty, they weigh too much, and they don't hold enough rounds, but don't dismiss a Hi-Point. You can get one for under $200 and they run much more reliably than almost any other gun in that price range. They also have great customer service.

Great truck guns. Great for storing off site or buried in a coffee can as part of a cache.

Thanks!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    For me it would either be a G19 or G17. Personally I prefer the full size 17, they can be had for very reasonable money, their fairly light weight considering the size and amount of ammo that is available in the mag and they have a proven tract record..

Top Bottom