• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Ok, my heart is set on a XDM 9mm in OD and Stainless. This is a very awesome gun and I have had the pleasure to shoot it as well. Here's the dilemma, I have a budget of $1,000 taxes and all to purchase a handgun. I love the XDM, but is there anyone who can convince me of a better 9mm for $1,000 or less?

A few key notes...

I am a lefty, so at least a ambidextrous mag release has to be standard.
    I am not a 1911 kind of guy.
    I want a FULL size pistol.
    High capacity mags are a +!!! (XDM 19 + 1)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!:horse:

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Polymer pistols under $1000 all do the same thing, with minor differences in ergonomics, action type, etc. Objectively, of the major brands, one is not significantly better than another. It's all personal preference, and how the gun fits you. If you like the XDm, buy the XDm.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Polymer pistols under $1000 all do the same thing, with minor differences in ergonomics, action type, etc. Objectively, of the major brands, one is not significantly better than another. It's all personal preference, and how the gun fits you. If you like the XDm, buy the XDm.
    :+1: With that budget you will have no problem at all getting a nice reliable handgun that is a good fit for you personally. Plus you should have plenty left over for ammo, extra mags, and a holster. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Ok, my heart is set on a XDM 9mm in OD and Stainless. This is a very awesome gun and I have had the pleasure to shoot it as well. Here's the dilemma, I have a budget of $1,000 taxes and all to purchase a handgun. I love the XDM, but is there anyone who can convince me of a better 9mm for $1,000 or less?

A few key notes...

I am a lefty, so at least a ambidextrous mag release has to be standard.
    I am not a 1911 kind of guy.
    I want a FULL size pistol.
    High capacity mags are a +!!! (XDM 19 + 1)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!:horse:

I too am a lefty. I looked at Glocks, Springfields, Rugers, but when I picked up the S&W MP, the search was over. Then I just had to decide which one to get.......settled on the 9mm Pro, with the 5" barrel. It's an incredibly soft shooting gun. The MP has fully ambidextrous controls........flipping the mag release over for the left had took me two minutes when I was cleaning it. Very user friendly. And they come with three different size backstraps, so you can fit them to your hand.

Mag capacity with one in the hole is 18.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    CZ 75 or, if you want the ambi version, the CZ 85 pistols are clearly superior to the XDm.

CZ 75 is the most popular pistol for military and police of any handgun in use today anywhere in the world. That says something about the quality.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I too am a lefty. I looked at Glocks, Springfields, Rugers, but when I picked up the S&W MP, the search was over. Then I just had to decide which one to get.......settled on the 9mm Pro, with the 5" barrel. It's an incredibly soft shooting gun. The MP has fully ambidextrous controls........flipping the mag release over for the left had took me two minutes when I was cleaning it. Very user friendly. And they come with three different size backstraps, so you can fit them to your hand.

Mag capacity with one in the hole is 18.

Nice one, I am checking in to this!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Glock 19
    With the Gen 4 you can have a magazine release button for lefty.
    Magazine capacity: 15 + 1 OR 17 + 1 OR 19 + 1 OR 33 + 1

Top Bottom