• ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Well, as most saw on Scutters announcement, yesterday was Bill O'Rights Birthday. I wanted to share with everyone one of the funniest cards I've ever seen. I have no idea how to scan it, so I'll type what it said in the message.

An ODE to Aging

So what if you're CRABBY,
    a little bit Flabby,
    or take the occasional SNOOZE?

So what if you're GASSY,
    or prone to be SASSY,
    or yell at some guy on the NEWS?

So what if you're ADDLED,
    your memory's SKEDADDLED,
    you struggle to get out of BED?

It's no bed of Roses,
    what everyone KNOWS IS.....
    It sure as HELL beats being DEAD!
    Happy Birthday, Anyway!

I LOVE YOU DADDY! :)
    (signed by our loving but ornery daughter)

He opened his card, read it (she'd already showed it to me)
    and almost fell out of his chair he was laughing so hard!
    It took about 5 minutes or so for the 3 of us to compose our
    selves and get around to the hugging and kissing part.
    No cake tho, by his request, he's positive that the flabby part applies.
    We think noooo, just more of you to love sweetie!

7th Stepper

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Aww :) happy birthday, man.

Thanks and he did! First we headed down to Indy to meet with some very special and wonderful friends for lunch, their fantastic company both at lunch and here on INGO really made for a great start to the day.

We then hopped over to the hospital where I'd had the surgery done, and he gave ME a present for his birthday....he redeemed my foot from the doctor and made them take that mid-evil torture device off the lower half of my leg and foot. Poor guy, he even held my hand as they sawed it off, and then pealed off all the fuzz from the underlying layers. He waited patiently for me while they xrayed to see if things had finally started healing, (which thanks to God, my wonderful doctor, and Bills phenomenal care) it had! The doctor allowed Bill to slip the original booty back on, and off we went to meet up with another fellow INGOer for a few minutes, and back to the restaurant where we'd had lunch, to exchange our shelter with it's original owner and retrieve ours back. They got mixed up on NFA Alumni Day, but it was a great way to end our day in Indy, and home we came.

We never did get around to eating supper, the lunch our two great friends treated us to was still yummy in our tummies, so we opted to play on INGO until our daughter came over with the above stated card. He totally enjoyed all the great birthday wishes from all his friends on here, who've become mine as well now that I'm home. Had we known about the fantastic group of doctors I've got now...I'd have been able to skip that horrible trip and remain here to have the work done. But all who responded to his birthday announcement really made him smile from ear to ear, it's SO nice to have so many great friends!

Our daughter stayed for a while, gave him Birthday hugs and kisses, then had to head to her place so she could get some sleep work today. We decided that this was a great idea, and we finally toddled off to bed ourselves. He thankfully had gotten yesterday off, and this year I was able to celebrate it with him, instead of his having to work on it. He got up this morning and toodled off to work, another year older and wiser than the last. :)

Thanks to everyone on INGO, he had a great birthday, and hopefully maybe next year we can plan ahead and possibly set up a bbq for our host of friends on here to join in the festivities with us. He truly loves INGO, all his friends on here, the Mod staff, and all the great laws that we've all collectively gotten passed this year, protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.

It was a great and wonderful day, that started and ended on a high note that we're both truly grateful for. Good times, Good friends, and Happy Shooting!

To quote him....

Blessings,

7th Stepper

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow, sounds like a big pile of wonderfulness on a special day. Good for your foot, but extra good for a great guy.

Top Bottom