• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Whats the best knife you ever lost and how did you lose it, also why was it the best knife you lost? Here's mine..

When I was 18 I carried the boy scout knife that my grandfather had owned when he was a boy and gave to me and one nite while working a security job it must have slipped out of my pants pocket never to be seen again, I still miss it to today

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    My first spyderco native. I was working overnight at kohls and used it to open shipments, then going home I reached for it and it was gone. Never did find it, but it's alright I've bought a few more natives since then.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A simple japan made marbles single blade lockback. Not an expensive knife but had that prefect pocket feel. After 10 years A pair of weird pocketed pants lost it when i sat dowm one day. I used the pants to clean tires a few days later in revenge.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    An original AG Russell Sting. Wore it as a boot knife and it slipped out one day while hunting coyote near Green Hill, IN. I STILL miss that knife.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Actually I had Two Knives I've lost that I really hated to lose..( I've lost more than that ). The first one was a Marine Corps folding utility knife. All metal construction held and edge real well, and was easy to sharpen. Have never been able to fine another one like it. Seen some simalar looking knives at Army surplus stores. And although the say US Army on them, they say made in China. Don't remember how I lost it. My second was a Swiss Army Knife "Tinker" model. Let one of my sons use it at a BMX National to cut some Zip ties on his bike. Hee laid it down somewhere at our camp site, and I never saw it again. :xmad:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    When I was in boy scouts I bought a Swiss Army survival knife. It was the "biggest" knife they made a the time with a crap ton of fold out stuff, and in a case with a survival kit that had a bunch of stuff like matches, a mirror, twine, needle and thread, etc etc. I lost the knife, but still have the case.

Here it is, the Swiss Champ SOS set:

http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pages/Product.aspx?category=outdoor&product=53511&

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    I sold an old rusted out 1978 pickup once and realised too late that I left my case
    fixed blade hunting knife under the seat , it was from probably the 60s or even 50s.

I see those knives going for 150 to 200 bucks today

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I lost the first knife I bought from Sheila. I bought it four years ago at the 1500 for $10. Well, you said the best knife ever lost and I've never lost any of the good stuff.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    You guys are making me sick with these lost Striders.

The worst I can think of was a Case XX Jaguar with green bone handles my grandfather gave me. Years later, I was helping my uncle burn a couch that my parents had passed on to him, and found it in the ashes later that day.

I usually didn't lose knives growing up, I had a younger brother with sticky fingers.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I've lost multiple case pocket knives, my uncle would buy me one for Christmas almost every year when I was a kid. I sure wish I still had them!

Top Bottom