• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Just couldn't resist picking up a Cris Reeve to match my guns...

The one on the left is a Supergrade, the one on the right is an Ultralight Carry, and the one in the middle is a Chris Reeve / Wilson Combat Star-Benza.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Sweet knives and guns! Just out of curiosity what is the major difference between a supergrade and a "standard" Wilson gun? I have been lusting after one for a while now.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Sweet knives and guns! Just out of curiosity what is the major difference between a supergrade and a "standard" Wilson gun? I have been lusting after one for a while now.

Here is a posting from a Wilson rep about this question;

The Supergrades and CQB's are built by two different sets of gunsmiths at Wilsons. The Supergrade line are the most highly trained 'smiths we have-they can all build a masterpiece from the ground up with nothing more than hand tools. They are truly master smiths. The Supergrade line have a higher level of fit, finish and tuning than any other guns we build.

The slide to frame fit is generally tighter, the level of finish work is higher, and the triggers are incomparable. The barrel lock up is perfect.

The Supergrade guns are also now coming standard with all bulletproof parts (Thumb and grip safeties, mag catch), checkered rear of slide, and other cosmetic options not standard on a CQB.

The owners of Supergrades are part of an elite club. They are the best guns we can build.

The CQB is an impressive value in todays world of mass produced, semi-disposable junk. Products like this will last 10 lifetimes. Just replace the springs regularly.

Honestly I got a good deal on the Supergrade and had always wanted one so I purchased it. The other gun is a Ultralight carry with the alloy frame so these two are worlds apart as far as feel. Both guns have a better fit and finish than any gun I own and I do own an Ed Brown and a Les Bare. But those two are also better than any other production gun out there in my opinion but just not at the level of Wilson.

I honestly dont don't think you can go wrong with any model of Wilson you choose, just depends on how much you want to spend. Good luck with you decision.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Here is a posting from a Wilson rep about this question;

The Supergrades and CQB's are built by two different sets of gunsmiths at Wilsons. The Supergrade line are the most highly trained 'smiths we have-they can all build a masterpiece from the ground up with nothing more than hand tools. They are truly master smiths. The Supergrade line have a higher level of fit, finish and tuning than any other guns we build.

The slide to frame fit is generally tighter, the level of finish work is higher, and the triggers are incomparable. The barrel lock up is perfect.

The Supergrade guns are also now coming standard with all bulletproof parts (Thumb and grip safeties, mag catch), checkered rear of slide, and other cosmetic options not standard on a CQB.

The owners of Supergrades are part of an elite club. They are the best guns we can build.

The CQB is an impressive value in todays world of mass produced, semi-disposable junk. Products like this will last 10 lifetimes. Just replace the springs regularly.

Honestly I got a good deal on the Supergrade and had always wanted one so I purchased it. The other gun is a Ultralight carry with the alloy frame so these two are worlds apart as far as feel. Both guns have a better fit and finish than any gun I own and I do own an Ed Brown and a Les Bare. But those two are also better than any other production gun out there in my opinion but just not at the level of Wilson.

I honestly dont don't think you can go wrong with any model of Wilson you choose, just depends on how much you want to spend. Good luck with you decision.

Thanks for the info!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My hatred of you continues to grow, sir.

Just couldn't resist picking up a Cris Reeve to match my guns...

The one on the left is a Supergrade, the one on the right is an Ultralight Carry, and the one in the middle is a Chris Reeve / Wilson Combat Star-Benza.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Yeah, so I'm pretty sure I could afford to buy the cloth you have them sitting on, but I see it says Cris reeve on it so I possibly couldn't.... Very very nice sir, one day maybe I'll sell my car and still afford only one of the three lol!

Beautiful.

Top Bottom