• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Bought a new one in 87 and with a few simple mods was very peppy. Friend had a GNX for a while and he also had one of the 20th anniversary Firebirds (same power plant). I think I know the 10 second GN you are talking about CM.. Another friend here in Greenwood had it.. License plate said "VADER" on it and it was stupid fast.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

So how is Denny ? I built the the tranny for VADER.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    View attachment 72808
    I bought an 86 in 87. Was very heavily optioned. Kept it until about 91. Just bought this 86 and waiting on it to ship. Pretty well optioned out also. Merry Christmas to me...:):
    View attachment 73382
    I've got it home. Finally. Took a while to get it shipped with the holidays. It's a good solid car. Needs some TLC. The previous owner bought it in 2001 and it's not been driven much since 2006 so i'll be going though it to see what it needs. Shocks, springs, wheels, tires and all the fluids changed are the starting point. I'm pretty happy overall seeing how it was bought over email and pictures. Happy New Years to all.

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    Congrats! Go to the GNTType dot org website and do the “spring cleaning” described there. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Congrats! Go to the GNTType dot org website and do the “spring cleaning” described there. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks. That's the direction I'm heading but it's nice to have the info and tips all in one place. I'll definitely print this off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 73382
    I've got it home. Finally. Took a while to get it shipped with the holidays. It's a good solid car. Needs some TLC. The previous owner bought it in 2001 and it's not been driven much since 2006 so i'll be going though it to see what it needs. Shocks, springs, wheels, tires and all the fluids changed are the starting point. I'm pretty happy overall seeing how it was bought over email and pictures. Happy New Years to all.

That is a great find. Congrates.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    View attachment 73382

Wow..... looks solid!

Any rust or "trouble" spots?

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    No rust. A good solid car. It's riding on 86 suspension so I'm going with some Ridetech coilovers front and back and drop it an inch or two and decide what size wheel and tire to go with. I've pretty much decided on brands. A lot of info out there. Trying to sort through it is a different story. I haven't wrenched on a hot rod for many years. It's sure bringing back memories, good and bad. First off the bat was the dropped nut that's still missing. It'll be a fun toy. I've got it up on jack stands running new brake fluid through it and I've got new plugs and oil in it. Plan on the coolant and maybe getting the trans fluid and filter changed out this weekend. I'll be glad to get it back on the ground. I need a turbo fix. :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No rust. A good solid car. It's riding on 86 suspension so I'm going with some Ridetech coilovers front and back and drop it an inch or two and decide what size wheel and tire to go with. I've pretty much decided on brands. A lot of info out there. Trying to sort through it is a different story. I haven't wrenched on a hot rod for many years. It's sure bringing back memories, good and bad. First off the bat was the dropped nut that's still missing. It'll be a fun toy. I've got it up on jack stands running new brake fluid through it and I've got new plugs and oil in it. Plan on the coolant and maybe getting the trans fluid and filter changed out this weekend. I'll be glad to get it back on the ground. I need a turbo fix. :cool:

If it is lacking consider 4 wheel disks. I am not sure if those came with that package.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I haven't wrenched on a hot rod for many years. It's sure bringing back memories, good and bad. First off the bat was the dropped nut that's still missing.

Damn, might need to get a torque wrench and scale back on how hard you are pushing on that breaker bar if you dropped a nut working on that thing.

On second thought, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing...

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    Damn, might need to get a torque wrench and scale back on how hard you are pushing on that breaker bar if you dropped a nut working on that thing.

On second thought, I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing...

Well it was a little nut...:laugh:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A consecutive serial numbered pair of '87 GNs just sold at Barrett Jackson for $122,000. Owner bought them both new, then put them in storage. 600 miles on one, 900 on the other. Still had the window stickers in them. The sticker price was about $18K each.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A consecutive serial numbered pair of '87 GNs just sold at Barrett Jackson for $122,000. Owner bought them both new, then put them in storage. 600 miles on one, 900 on the other. Still had the window stickers in them. The sticker price was about $18K each.

I need to turn that on.

Top Bottom