• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    You guys missed this gem of a quote in that article.

"You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weaponry."
    I saw that quote and commented on it in another thread. I think he's made a similar claim before, when he was announcing the ATF's new rules on 80% lowers, IIRC.

No surprise that Biden is a dunce when it comes to history, just like everything else. The sad part for me is that I see his quote just repeated in media outlets, even ones deemed "conservative", without any accompanying correction. No wonder people say a lie can make it halfway around the world while the truth is still putting its boots on.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    "They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

I honestly think that he lays awake at night trying the think up the stupidest things he can say.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This! LEO doesn't shoot to wound, if they draw and fire they're shooting to kill because death is the most efficient solution to the imminent threat to THEIR life (not yours or mine btw).
    I disagree.
    They "stop the threat".
    If they shoot and miss, but the guy throws his gun down, puts up his hands, and follows orders, continuing to fire to "kill" him will result in some problems for the officer, department, and community.
    Yes, "stopping the threat" sometimes involves death, or injury, or coming damn close to it.

Many times, they continue to fire, because the "bad guy" continues to be a threat.
    And sometimes convincing his body to stop, is to drain the blood. Which involves "wound channels".
    More and bigger wounds, more bleeding faster, bad guy hopefully stops faster.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You guys missed this gem of a quote in that article.

"You couldn’t buy a cannon when the Second Amendment was passed," Biden said. "You couldn’t go out and purchase a lot of weaponry."
    Would be nice if someone "educated" him, and other about that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's still ok to fire a shotgun at an unidentified target, though, right? I'm sure my interior door will slow a slug enough to act as more of a beanbag round, allowing me to subdue an intruder long enough for the county to dispatch an officer to my house without causing any permanent damage.
    Except to the door

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess according to Biden anything over a .22 caliber is irrational. No joey boy not having enough caliber and capacity to protect yourself and your family is irresponsible and irrational.
    I wonder if he realizes that both the Buffalo shooter and the Texas shooter were using essentially 22 cal ammo (if we're just talking about bullet size)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    For ~ 2 decades I have avoided talking about the combat 12 ga. w/extended mag loaded with 00 buck. I was and am afraid it would become common knowledge among the great unwashed. Putting this on their radar would only give the gun grabbers another target to shoot at. I’m not going to give them another one. The only person I’ve even mentioned it to is my wife. Now I’ve said it here. Guess I have to trust someone, sometime. Guess I started with this venue.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    For ~ 2 decades I have avoided talking about the combat 12 ga. w/extended mag loaded with 00 buck. I was and am afraid it would become common knowledge among the great unwashed. Putting this on their radar would only give the gun grabbers another target to shoot at. I’m not going to give them another one. The only person I’ve even mentioned it to is my wife. Now I’ve said it here. Guess I have to trust someone, sometime. Guess I started with this venue.
    Not that I have a tinfoil hat, but have you ever read the statistics regarding who is on INGO Just saying.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    ya been following for a few months, but think I’ll trust this group more than joe public. their on here so that gets them a little hush from me. don’t know how to make one of those little smiley things so this will have to do.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    ya been following for a few months, but think I’ll trust this group more than joe public. their on here so that gets them a little hush from me. don’t know how to make one of those little smiley things so this will have to do.
    ;)
    :): :cool: :ingo::D

If you don't see the smiley face with the emojis above, click the vertical three dots for more options.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom