• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Here’s a trick I used when I was having similar issues. Take a finished round that will not chamber and color it completely with a Sharpie. Then try to chamber the round again. The marker will wear off where there is too much interference. That should point out where your problem is.

I’ve been in your shoes at least once for every AR caliber I load for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joesasnit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    DENAIR
    Okay, here is where I am now. Got the Sheridan Slotted case gauge for both the 223 Rem and the 300 BLK. Also using a RCBS SB full length die for both. I haven't loaded any yet but have gone over all my brass with the RCBS and Sheridan, whether it was resized before or not. I am amazed at the variance that was produced with other dies and a Lyman case checker. I don't want to talk too much before I load and shoot some of these, but talk about uniformity. Using these loading tools, I am impressed. According to Sheridan their case checker is ground/machined to factory specs of the chamber of each specific rounds. Remains to be seen but I will update as I load and fire. Thanks for all your valuable and extremely useful information.

Top Bottom