• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Coffee with oil & butter?

Honestly I want to try this. I just don't want to clean the freaking blender every time I want a cup of coffee.

RECIPE:
    Brew 1 cup (8 oz.) of coffee using filtered water, just off the boil, with 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee Beans. (French Press is easiest.)
    Add in 1-2 tablespoons Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Brain Octane™ to the hot coffee (It’s STRONG – start with 1 tsp. and work up over several days).
    Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee
    Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy like a foamy latte
    -- Realize salted coffee is a crime. Do not do this with salted butter.​

[video=youtube;4YjLMdx3YZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YjLMdx3YZY[/video]

The Big Brown Truck stopped off at the house today just before lunchtime. I got a box of K-Cup "Bulletproof" coffee and I got a bottle of their "Bulletproof" 'Upgraded Brain Oil' (also known as MCT oil), which they claim is not only flavorless, but also stronger than coconut oil.

Our blender has individual blender cups, so I put a tablespoon of the oil, a pat of un-salted butter, and then brewed a cup of the coffee directly into blender cup. Blended it up and drank it.

Honestly it was pretty good. And I feel somewhat energized too. Not sure if that is the coffee? The Oil? Or the butter? I'll be making this part of my morning routine, at least until I run out. Somewhere during that time I'll decide if I want to continue it. But I'm giving it a try.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just made another cup of this "bulletproof" coffee.

I have a Ninja blender with "blender cups" for small portions. Brew some coffee directly into the blender cup, already had oil and butter in the cup. Put on the blender lid, screwed it down as tight as I could get it, coffee spewed out. Does that every frickin' time. But the coffee actually tastes really good with the oil & butter blended into it. Some people use Coconut oil, it adds a bit of flavor. I am using unflavored oil. Honestly it gives you a nice energy boost. Not sure why.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Been drinking the BULLETPROOF coffee most morning with the "Bulletproof Upgraded Brain Octane Oil" which is their brand of MCT oil and BUTTER blended into the coffee. I'll admit also that most mornings its made with regular FOLGER's brand coffee rather than the K-Cups of the BULLETPROOF coffee that I bought. Typically because we go through a pot of coffee most mornings so its just easier to brew up the Folgers.

I like the taste. I would probably prefer a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato over this stuff, but I don't have a Starbucks stand in my kitchen to provide me their drink.

I'm also not convinced the MCT oil, of which I have been using the strongest variety that has 18-times the potency of Coconut oil but zero flavor, increases my brain's cognitive abilities, as is claimed on the bottle. It may be doing some good, probably is not harming my body, so I'll keep it up . . . at least until the 16-oz bottle is empty. If I notice that my brain is growing like the villain in the GREEN LANTERN comic book series then I may stop sooner. Or if I notice that my mental agility is sharper (could that actually happen?) then I may buy another bottle. But as for the MCT oil additive, meh.

MCT oil = Medium Chain Triglycerides

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I scored one of these fine machines off ebay refurbed for $330 shipped (normally upwards of $1k) for a grinder/espresso/cappucino machine all in one. I also have a Nespresso machine that was nearly $450 but was getting killed paying $0.70/cup for a cup as I wasn't able to replicate using my fresh beans in the reusable cups I found onlie. Results are good thus far and I've only toyed with using a single Ethiopian variety thus far. I imagine once I start toying with "espresso" blends, I'll do even better.

saeco.JPG

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thread revival!!

Anybody have/used a Balance syphon coffee maker? A friend got one for Christmas and I kinda want one.

[video=youtube_share;vpx8A3MRabk]http://youtu.be/vpx8A3MRabk[/video]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just made another cup of this "bulletproof" coffee.

I have a Ninja blender with "blender cups" for small portions. Brew some coffee directly into the blender cup, already had oil and butter in the cup. Put on the blender lid, screwed it down as tight as I could get it, coffee spewed out. Does that every frickin' time. But the coffee actually tastes really good with the oil & butter blended into it. Some people use Coconut oil, it adds a bit of flavor. I am using unflavored oil. Honestly it gives you a nice energy boost. Not sure why.

I've been doing Bulletproof coffee for a while now. Kerry Gold butter and coconut oil. I love it.

I have a solution to your mixing problem. Get a Contigo Autoseal mug. Meijer carries them for about $20.

s-l1000.jpg

Just put everything in it, wait for it to melt the shake it for about 20 seconds. It's done. Give it a quick shake before each drink and it keeps it blended.

I've also added Crio-Bru to my choices. It's roasted and ground cocoa beans. Makes just like coffee and it has a great chocolate flavor. I've been doing half coffee half cocoa, then the butter and coconut oil. It's wonderful. I've even got my wife drinking it now and she always hated coffee.

crio_bru_home_story.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :popcorn:

Eh. Okay, popcorn doesn't go all that well with coffee. Unless it's Carmel popcorn. Then it goes okay.

Top Bottom