• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I yell at the tv about how stupid they are, but I also learn bit of ideas. It is fake how they left them caches, and i would think they would be out everyday scavenging or doing recon not locked in a building working on power that is not truly necessary.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    I yell at the tv about how stupid they are, but I also learn bit of ideas. It is fake how they left them caches, and i would think they would be out everyday scavenging or doing recon not locked in a building working on power that is not truly necessary.

I couldnt help but laugh and was reminded of one of my fav computer games, Command and Conquer, when they ran across a magical crate full of power tools ready to go. Next week they'll find one with a humvee in it or something.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I thought it kinda funny that the only weapons they had were sticks . In a warehouse full of metal I'd be making a battle ax or sword .

It seems that they're waisting a lot of time on power instead of securing the compound , their safety and food . Now it looked like they were gonna waist time fooling with the truck .

Although I missed the first episode or two .

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    2ADMNLOVER, I agree that steel weapons would be a big improvement over sticks. It was fun to watch, but I would like to think a few "Prepared" folks would fare a little better.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I think the cross-section is a bit skewed. 8 of the 10 have at least 1 degree in something other than basket weaving, and the 2 that don't are highly skilled in specialized areas. Where's the schmuck who works at Kroger stacking boxes who managed to survive? How in the hell do you end up with an MIT grad, 2 other engineers, and 3 folks who can make all their ideas come to life (machinist, contractor, and handyman)? Add to that an ER Doc and nurse, and someone who's profession is teaching hand to hand fighting. TOM or Jerry Young couldn't have put together more of a dream team.

I'm watching, but Scarnucci hit it on the head. This show jumped the shark when they 'found' a nice clean crate full of packing peanuts and power tools.

Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    Have to agree with Scar, what are the odds of finding an abandoned warehouse in LA with a crate of brand new tools? I bet if they left them overnight without a guard they would disappear from their set.

It reminds me of how Junkyard Wars went downhill. If a team really needed something, and kept searching for it (mylar plastic for one team) it would magically appear. If you kept looking long enough it would appear in a trunk or just sitting around someplace. That happens at my house all the time, just keep looking for that lost widgit it will appear.

It would also be hard to "forget" reality and blend into the fantasy world that was created with camera crews following you around all the time. You know it is scripted and managed.

But still somewhat entertaining compared to most of the junk on TV. Just slightly more entertaining junk.

Top Bottom