Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Kinda off topic, but I'm concerned. Does all this mean that the way I've been explaining house electrical wiring for years is racist?

It's generally like marriage in the pre-civil rights south. White goes with white, black goes with black and sometimes red goes with black.

I am living proof that in Kentucky red can also sometimes go with white.......

"Hey Papaw...Your mom looks kind of Spanish and a bit dusky..."

"She's Scotch-Irish..."

"I heard she chased a transient who tried to assault her once down the rail road tracks with a large butcher knife and some townspeople had to stop her because she was going to scalp him...And what about folks coming to her to get herbs she picked in the woods to treat their ailments????"

"She is Scotch Irish..."

"But what about that Quail Trap she taught you how to make that looks exactly like the one in my book "Eastern American Indian Scout Lore????"

"Dag nabbit boy I TOLD YOU SHE WAS SCOTCH IRISH....Now shut your yap and eat that fried squirrel I made fer ya!!!

"I am just saying that the hippies in San Francisco and Billy Jack have made having Indian blood cool again and if there is anything you want to tell me about our family history I can take it...."

"I said, SCOTCH IRISH!!!!!"

One time an Uncle by marriage was looking at the family portrait of myself, my daughter and my wife and said,

"How come your wife's family is from Argentina, yet your wife and daughter are pale in this photo and you look like a Mexican?"

"Because my Great Grandma is Scotch Irish.."

"That doesn't make any sense..."

"I know....Fried squirrel?"

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    In the entire flag debate, I do not think i have seen anyone post up Obama's 2008 canpaign buttons from the southern states. They had the stars and bars on them. As did Hillary's.
    What are we to make of that. (These did in fact exist).
    I believe that this shows they know that a good number of southerners the flag is NOT a symbol of racism. Either that or Obama and Clinton were pandering to racists?
    I agree in the north it is cause for evaluating the person's intnent.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the entire flag debate, I do not think i have seen anyone post up Obama's 2008 canpaign buttons from the southern states. They had the stars and bars on them. As did Hillary's.
    I believe that this shows they know that a good number of southerners the flag is NOT a symbol of racism. Either that or Obama and Clinton were pandering to racists?

I would seriously doubt there's such a button. It's probably a hoax, or a one off, but certainly not official. That would've been BIG news.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

I would be willing to bet any amount of money that they didn't have a button with the stars and bars on it.
    View attachment 39533
    Sorry, I'm not yet ready to give up and you guys keep bringing it back up.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I would seriously doubt there's such a button. It's probably a hoax, or a one off, but certainly not official. That would've been BIG news.

Well Snopes says a hoax mixed with some true quote from him in '08. Thye do say the image was likely photoshopped from 1992 Clinton=Gore button.

Confederacy of Hoaxes : snopes.com

However the Clinton Gore thing IS real. Washington Post AND The Blaze....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rate-flag-buttons-say-about-politics-in-2015/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-92-clinton-gore-confederate-campaign-button/

This issue is a bit more complex than I first thought. But I see how it would be a reason to be wary for most black folks. I see how it can be non-racial for some who fly it. Although I could see an Obama version from an Ole Miss Alum. It wasn;t long ago you would see confederate flag do rags on a rainbow coalition of Ole Miss players. Certainly post Manning era to before the Logo change.
    Perhaps that should ave been the bellweather for this all. Ole Miss changing the Logo, etc.

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    2 weeks ago in the news it was bruce jenner/Caitlyn jenner, last week it was about the flag and now this week its about gays having the right to be married... wow, what has the world come to ???? wonder what next week will bring ??? It funny to see what the news is going to bring to the table next... Lord save us all !!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No Kirk. I wanted you to state which INGOer(s) is Johnny reb, which is what you implied. No one here needs a remedial history lesson.

What? Remedial history lessons? If you do not know who Johnny Reb is you most certainly do need history lessons.

Johnny Reb is the slang term for Confederate soldier, not an INGOer. It is my understanding that some INGOers have roots in the South, but I am not addressing them. I was addressing Johnny Reb metaphorically (calling Southern politicians "Johnny Reb" as they strike their colors in surrender).

There is far too much projection and butt hurt on INGO if you react like that to a metaphor.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I put such a whipping on the Johnny Rebs that they drag me into threads against my will.:D

Strike your colors, Johnny Reb! Your fight is lost and you now admit it!

120px-Alexander_Stephens.jpg

What? Remedial history lessons? If you do not know who Johnny Reb is you most certainly do need history lessons.

Johnny Reb is the slang term for Confederate soldier, not an INGOer. It is my understanding that some INGOers have roots in the South, but I am not addressing them. I was addressing Johnny Reb metaphorically (calling Southern politicians "Johnny Reb" as they strike their colors in surrender).

There is far too much projection and butt hurt on INGO if you react like that to a metaphor.

I'm aware of Johnny Reb. I asked you to tell me which INGOer you were calling Johnny Reb. Are you saying that you weren't referring to an INGOer? Must I educate you on antecedent nouns? Were Southern politicians dragging you into threads against your will?

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Question ? Where did all this start/ who started this Idea wanting to remove the flag ? Its ben flying for years without any body really making a stink about it till now.. So again who started the stink ? People from the south have lived with it for years and people from the north could really care less I would guess ? So why now ?????

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Question ? Where did all this start/ who started this Idea wanting to remove the flag ? Its ben flying for years without any body really making a stink about it till now.. So again who started the stink ? People from the south have lived with it for years and people from the north could really care less I would guess ? So why now ?????

Wrong, that flag, and others in similar places has been a point of contention for years.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If this is the case then why now ? If its been going on for years then why hasn't it been addressed before now ?

It's been addressed repeatedly. The NAACP brings up the issues yearly. The NCAA has had a ban on having tournaments there since 2001. This Roof fiasco just pushed the issue back into the limelight.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    O
    Here I'll help you, The good citizens of Georgia voted on a flag referendum back in 2001. And it passed to keep it where it is today.
    So apparently the good citizens of Georgia could care less about basketball tournaments or how the NAACP feels.
    The country needs to stay out of the State of Georgia's business.

Aww, your knowledge of Southern history is so cute. How about you inform yourself on Georgia's state flag. Let me know if you need be for and after pictures.

Which, for the peanut gallery, was the changing of the flag from, what is considered offensive, battle flag, to the lesser known, and less offensive version of the flag of the confederacy.

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Sounds like the posts above is just like what everyone said about the ugly black guns, just because some nut job "Roof" shot some people and yapped about the flag we are going to blame it on the flag, just as some nut job used a AR to shoot some people we are going to blame it on the ugly black gun... Hmmmm, to me this is a two way street ... They should put it to a vote of the people by the people in the area/state as to what they want. Isn't it "We the people" ??? You can't hide your head in the sand and make it all go away, this is about the history of this country and more men die in this country's battle then in all the battles ever and needs to be remembered .. To pull the flag down on a confederate memorial is just wrong in my book, but as to it flying for there state is that states choice and not for me to say yea or nay...

Top Bottom