The coolest thing I have seen in 2013... so far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    it rattled when he moved it....but what else would you expect from promag....then again proman and mosin is probly like a match made in heaven.

It has a bayonet on it that is touching the stock and a detachable magazine.

That is likely why it rattled.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I would have to agree! Take a old world design and "modernize" it!
    I love the look of a clean Mosin, but this just takes it to the next level!
    Way to think outside the box!

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    OK, I have been pondering a Mosin for awhile, but was too lazy to face cleaning one up. This is a beautiful solution with significantly less work. Thanks for sharing the video.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Interesting indeed, although their price point will make or break it. With Mosins available sub $150, they will have to offer the stock well under $100 to really make it viable.

All that said, one could build a nice .30cal hunting rifle out of that, especially if you mounted a scope on it.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Thats a pretty sweet little deal right there. That would be a nice stock modification and the 10 round clip is a nice add on.

30827d1310819639-glock-22-estimate-clipmag.jpg

Why is it still necessary to correct people on this?

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So wait...a stock for a mosin...that you can use clips AND magazines. I've been wanting to pick up a second Mosin....and will be a good reason to replace the stock on my current one.

Not a fan of "sporterizing" classic rifles...but that's rly not bad

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I have been interested in modifying the magazines on mine since I saw the first youtube videos of a guy doing it. They were to be marketed at one time I wonder if he made a deal with this company for his design? It loomed to be nothing more than 2 magazines stich welded together with probably 2 sets of springs but it worked.

Ectoman86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I remember a guy was planning on producing Mosin magazines awhile back. He had a site reserved and everything. Difference with his was...all you did was remove the plate and they worked with the standard furniture

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    $199... and then how ever much the magazines were. For a $75 rifle?

The timney trigger was expensive, sure, but at least that's a worth while improvement as there's not much that can be done with the factory trigger. (Realistically speaking, not bubba)

Always makes me laugh when people say they aren't rich but put nearly half a grand into chinese junk. Wouldn't it be a hell of a lot cheaper to not buy the stuff? Or better yet, buy a decent gun with the total amount of money you would have put into a bargain bin gun?

Not bashing mosins, just expecting people to be realistic with them. You can sporterize them nicely, just not that way.
    Is it so hard to really do things correctly?
    mosin_nagant_sporter_c.jpg

Top Bottom