The Curious Development of Pain - And Its Ability to Motivate!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Some monthes ago I started having an very intermittent pain in my groin area. It wasn't horrible and it wasn't there all the time, so why bother...? After all, I didn't want to spend time waiting at a doctor's office. Who does?

As the time has passed and the season changed it had gotten slightly progressively worse, both in level and in frequency, so it was time to call the doctor. If you haven't figured it out I can be really good at procrastinating.

I missed the doctors appointment a couple weeks ago and rescheduled. No big deal.

Until Sunday! I don't know what I did or when I did it, but suddenly the pain went from slight and intermittent to severe and constant. It was one of those levels where you almost start promising Jesus to do all the things you're supposed to do anyway if only he'll make the pain stop. Not quite there, but almost.

So I hit the VA ER (I'm fully covered there.) I don't care what it takes at this point just so long as the pain is stopped.

The doctor did some very basic tests, including turn your head and cough.

I don't have a hernia. I didn't pull any muscle or tendon in my groin. Apparently the source of my monthes of intermittent flareups is being caused by muscles in my lower back! Possibly an inflamed disc.

So now I'm on 800mg Ibuprofen and muscle relaxers. It seems to help. I had rescheduled my doctors appointment for July 13th and will see my new primary care physician then.

If it continues I may ask to see a chiropractor and put my back, well... back.

I've been thinking about this and remembered that last winter my computer chair I use at home almost exclusively broke after many years. I bought a cheap one on Amazon that hasn't fit quite right. It isn't "long" enough for me so I am always feeling pushed out of it. I'm starting to think that maybe(?) I haven't been sitting with good posture and that's what threw my back out...?

I just won a new nice office chair at auction and will pick it up tomorrow or Friday. We shall see how this works out.

We all know that bad shoes can lead to a bad gait which can lead to back and other health problems. Our chairs, our beds, our shoes, almost everything we use in life and take for granted has consequences.

This reminded me to share with you that if something doesn't feel right in your life to replace it. In the long run it will may well save you unforeseen suffering or pain.

Then again, maybe not, but at least you'll be more comfortable.

Regards,

Doug

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    20 years ago I finally broke down and when to a chiropractor for lower back pain after years of fighting it. After a couple of visits I was convinced I shouldn't have waited. An adjustment once in a while (when the pain returns) keeps me free of pain. Good luck

1688603759410.png

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This reminded me to share with you that if something doesn't feel right in your life to replace it. In the long run it will may well save you unforeseen suffering or pain.
    Then again, maybe not, but at least you'll be more comfortable.

Regards,

Doug
    You wouldn't happen to be a divorce attorney would you?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Minor update.

Last week MRI was done. I'll learn more details from the chiropractor tomorrow but initial read seems to be that I have a bulging disk that is pinching a nerve.

An appointment will be scheduled with an orthopedic doctor to look into further medical treatment.

The pain is down. I don't know which to credit - the chiropractor or the drugs. I'm on Gabapentin 3/d, along with hydrocodone at night to help sleep.

The weird thing is I've now almost had my leg buckle once or twice. No pain, just walking along and, "Hello, I think I might stop working now." No pain with it, just a sudden feeling of my leg not wanting to work. I'm kindof afraid to go out in public because I don't want to be seen as drunk or stoned.

That's another gripe with these meds. I've been "good" and not had a single drop of bourbon or brandy or wine in almost two (2) weeks.:xmad:

This just reinforces that every positive has a negative.

Regards,

Doug

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    A sore back sucks. Two herniated and two degenerated discs in mine. Picked up a shovel last time it went. Just bent over and picked it up. Went right to the ground.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Welcome to the world of probable back surgery for the disc. The Gabapentin and hydrocodone are just bandaids for a major problem. Trust me, after 3 major back surgeries I can espouse on the subject of back pain! :ugh:

Top Bottom