Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's why I've only got holsters with two belt attachment points now. I used to have some with single attachment points, but they moved all over the place. They would cant at weird angles and move along the belt.....couldn't stand it.

Same here. The single clip holsters give a very inconsistent grip. Sometimes, it's grip high, other times, you have to dig to find where the grip went. It's especially bad with short barreled pistols. The longer barrel will stabilize it a bit, but the little guns are all over the place.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yep, my experience is that single clip holsters are very difficult to use for large and/or heavy guns. I use a single clip Safariland holster for my Shield and it works very well, but I've tried using a similar holster for my G19 when I had one and I didn't like how it moved around. It moved a lot more than the smaller, lighter Shield.

I use all single clip (since I have to take it off and put it on quite often between work and home etc). I have found that a slight cant ballances the gun, so the grip does not move. My P-07 sits in the perfect position, as does my Shield. we will see how the Rami does, but my hopes are high. The Stoner holsters are very firm: the clip is very tight, almost to the point of being difficult to install. My favorite feature, other than comfort, is the tuckable buckle. single black metal clip is all that shows. easy for people to be ignorant of.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Anyone looking for .45 plinking ammo? Just saw that TargetsportsUSA has Blazer Brass 230gr ammo for just under $300 for a case, with free shipping. Prices were better a couple of months ago, but this is a good price currently.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I love the sound of a handgun snapping tight into a kydex holster. I have one leather holster for my P06 that I bought and found it difficult. It moved around too much and made drawing difficult. If anyone is in need of a leather holster and double mag holster, let me know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Have any of you guys tried a molded horse hide holster? It's the best of both worlds. They are molded and feel almost like Kydex, yet are still a leather product that is more grippy than Kydex is. There is no flex to them like cow hide. The Kramer OWB scabbards are my go-to holsters when I can afford to order them. I need to order one for the 40P as well as for a G21.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Have any of you guys tried a molded horse hide holster? It's the best of both worlds. They are molded and feel almost like Kydex, yet are still a leather product that is more grippy than Kydex is. There is no flex to them like cow hide. The Kramer OWB scabbards are my go-to holsters when I can afford to order them. I need to order one for the 40P as well as for a G21.

This sounds very interesting.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

No, I have not. I've always dreamed of a kydex holster covered in leather or sprayed with a leather-like product.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    CZ 75B vs. CZ 75B Omega

Which to choose and why?
    Can anyone compare them side by side for me?

Thank you

I can't speak for 75B, but I've got a phantom with a standard trigger, and a P-07 with the Omega and prefer the Omega any day. The standard trigger is definitely acceptable, but to me, the Omega is a crisper break, shorter over travel and reset, shorter overall reach, and I like the trigger shape a little more (that may just be the P-07, though)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    CZ 75B vs. CZ 75B Omega

Which to choose and why?
    Can anyone compare them side by side for me?

Thank you
    Externally they are identical except the trigger. Internally, as Rusty said, the Omega has a better trigger out of the box, it breaks in faster, upgrades easier and cheaper and the results of the upgrades are usually better. If I were buying today I would pick the Omega without question.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Put together another AR tonight.
    A lot of BCM parts.
    No more empty slots in the safe now.
    I am at peace.
    For a bit anyway.

at peace huh....