wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all...:coffee:

I need convincing. Sorry, haven't read whole thread (too long). I think I'm set on a CZ or something like it (Jericho 941). What I need is the differences in models. I just saw today a CZ85 and the 75 shadow. Should I go plastic or all steel? And the Jericho PSL looks tempting. Thanks.

There are tons of nice CZ's. I prefer the steel or steel/aluminum CZ's myself. CZ75B is a great full sized gun, though the SP-01 is even nicer. In the smaller, combat sized handgun, there are different varients of the 75 Compact, either all steel or steel/aluminum. I have a P-01 which is a great little gun. The .40 version of that is a P-06, or an older version that isn't made any more is the 40P/40B. They soak up the recoil of the .40 very nicely. For the subcompact there is the 2075 RAMI, which is a fantastic little gun. There is even a polymer version of it.

On the polymer side you have the P-07 (combat size), P-09 (full size) and Phantom (full size and a bit different from the P-09). As mentioned above, there's also a poly framed RAMI. There are others that I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that stick in my mind.

As to which you should get, what are you looking to do? EDC, nightstand gun, range gun, competition? Is there a size you prefer? If we know more we can help you decide on a first CZ. After that, you'll have drank the :koolaid: and will buy more.... :):

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    CGW parts install on the SP-01 complete, forgot how much fun the lifter spring was but held my tongue just right finally. Next range trip this week will be to run some rounds through her and make sure she can digest hollow points, then clean up and see how she carries.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CGW parts install on the SP-01 complete, forgot how much fun the lifter spring was but held my tongue just right finally. Next range trip this week will be to run some rounds through her and make sure she can digest hollow points, then clean up and see how she carries.

I have 2 for function testing and 1 to zero in this week.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

There are tons of nice CZ's. I prefer the steel or steel/aluminum CZ's myself. CZ75B is a great full sized gun, though the SP-01 is even nicer. In the smaller, combat sized handgun, there are different varients of the 75 Compact, either all steel or steel/aluminum. I have a P-01 which is a great little gun. The .40 version of that is a P-06, or an older version that isn't made any more is the 40P/40B. They soak up the recoil of the .40 very nicely. For the subcompact there is the 2075 RAMI, which is a fantastic little gun. There is even a polymer version of it.

On the polymer side you have the P-07 (combat size), P-09 (full size) and Phantom (full size and a bit different from the P-09). As mentioned above, there's also a poly framed RAMI. There are others that I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that stick in my mind.

As to which you should get, what are you looking to do? EDC, nightstand gun, range gun, competition? Is there a size you prefer? If we know more we can help you decide on a first CZ. After that, you'll have drank the :koolaid: and will buy more.... :):

75b, for me, please .....

MetGel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Columbus

It would be a nightstand/range. The first pistol I've bought.
    I've shot a buddies Walther PPQ, and liked it, but i can't have the same gun as him.
    I think I've made up my mind just needing someone to push me into the pool.
    CZ or a Jericho? The only problem I'm seeing with a Jericho is i'm considering the PSL and I can't find a source for extra magazines.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've shot a buddies Walther PPQ, and liked it, but i can't have the same gun as him.
    CZ or a Jericho? The only problem I'm seeing with a Jericho is i'm considering the PSL and I can't find a source for extra magazines.

My suggestion would be to pick up a CZ. My understanding is that there are more customization options, accessories and such for CZ's. You could pick up whatever size you prefer, shoot it for a while and if you feel it needs to be "better", save up to have Cajun Gun Works parts installed. The guns are awesome shooters with the CGW custom parts and you will be the envy of whatever range you shoot at :D

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So a guy walks into a bar....
    Bartender asks "what will you be drinking?"
    Guy "I'm not sure, what would you have?"
    BT "lots of good choices in here, I'd prolly have one of these."
    Guy "ok I'll have one of those. "
    BT "good solid choice."
    Guy "Wait, what's that over there?"
    BT "Oooooo, those are good too. You should try one of these to go with that."
    Guy "ok, hook me up with some of that, these and the other."
    BT "here you are sir :koolaid:"

Basically a snapshot into T-DOGG and my texts each day...... The blind leading the blind.... :buddies:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

CZ.....hands down the better choice IMHO.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So a guy walks into a bar....
    Bartender asks "what will you be drinking?"
    Guy "I'm not sure, what would you have?"
    BT "lots of good choices in here, I'd prolly have one of these."
    Guy "ok I'll have one of those. "
    BT "good solid choice."
    Guy "Wait, what's that over there?"
    BT "Oooooo, those are good too. You should try one of these to go with that."
    Guy "ok, hook me up with some of that, these and the other."
    BT "here you are sir :koolaid:"

Basically a snapshot into T-DOGG and my texts each day...... The blind leading the blind.... :buddies:
    We are a rare breed indeed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom