• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can only imagine starring at some reds all day long up close like you have to.
    Doing some compounding with the rotary on a red hood right now. Trying to get some deep scratches out, hoping we don't have to paint it. Looking pretty good so far, it's just a daily driver so I'm not expecting perfect. My eyes are playing games with me staring at the color, have to take a little break every so often.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know, I know. It is days like this that make me look at the weather at where I lived in FL. They are at 70 right now. I just forgot how the wind can actually hurt when it's this cold!

Yes it can. I spent a lot of my life out in this and all other Indiana weather. Stand on top of the bank tower down town on a morning like this one. The wind seems to bounce off lake Michigan and hits nothing until you feel it.Now that is cold.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I got what I wanted to get done at the shop this morning. Good came out pretty good, won't have to paint it. Gonna pack up a couple CZs and head out tot the range sometime this morning. Want to go visit one of the shops today too. See if I can't get myself into trouble already this year.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Saturation. That's a good description for where I'm at right now. I'm having a hard time getting enthused about bringing a new gun home. I really should be shopping the used market, but it's tough to find an all steel compact with a rail used. I think the only reason the SP01 Compact is appealing to me right now is that it fits the spot vacated when my oldest 'borrowed' my 75B compact and holster. This would add a new compact that fits my P01 holster. It also brings the need to buy new sights, grips, parts and other stuff and I'm just not in a spendy mood right now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Saturation. That's a good description for where I'm at right now. I'm having a hard time getting enthused about bringing a new gun home. I really should be shopping the used market, but it's tough to find an all steel compact with a rail used. I think the only reason that gun is appealing to me right now is that it fits the spot vacated when my oldest 'borrowed' my 75B compact and holster. This would add a new compact that fits my P01 holster. It also brings the need to buy new sights, grips, parts and other stuff and I'm just not in a spendy mood right now.

I'm sort of in a similar position. I want another gun, there just isn't anything that's calling to me right now. I need to get the guns I have worked on to the point where I'm happy with them. Honestly, I'm thinking my next gun purchase will likely be another SAO Legion. I like the idea of having a backup, so if something ever goes wrong on my EDC, I can pull the other out of the safe and carry on. The only other thing that I will absolutely pick up is a P10. I really just want to take it for a spin because I know I won't want to keep it, but my nephew is looking for his first gun and I think it might be a good fit for him.

Otherwise, I have an SP-01 that needs to be cajunized, but it has to wait until I sell the CCO. Don't have any nickels to throw at parts until I get the new job, or the CCO sells... :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Saturation. That's a good description for where I'm at right now. I'm having a hard time getting enthused about bringing a new gun home. I really should be shopping the used market, but it's tough to find an all steel compact with a rail used. I think the only reason the SP01 Compact is appealing to me right now is that it fits the spot vacated when my oldest 'borrowed' my 75B compact and holster. This would add a new compact that fits my P01 holster. It also brings the need to buy new sights, grips, parts and other stuff and I'm just not in a spendy mood right now.

Spendy is also an issue with me. Projects are coming but slow to materialize. Cash on hand is ear marked to finish the landscape out back around the deck. I am still about $1200 to $1500 out on materials. Once done I am complete on that project. There is a lot of trim work to finish up and paint to be applied inside the house. Paint and supply's are already bought.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I should be at saturation but I never seem to get there. I guess at this point it qualifies as an obsession. :dunno:
    I have been battling this as well. I keep thinking, no sane person would need another gun. But then I think, yeah, but I really want it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I should be at saturation but I never seem to get there. I guess at this point it qualifies as an obsession. :dunno:

We are all obsessed at some level. I have a few of them.
    I just need to stand back a bit and look at Mags/ammo.
    With 2 10mm's now I will be eating through the supply.
    The .308 needs mags. I have 12 but only 3 of them are reliable. I bought 10 from an ingo member that did need the help. I am now sitting on 10 pretty useless magazines.
    Once these issues are addressed I will take a deeper look.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom