The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Dealing with the second loss of close family member in the last month or so. This time one of my wife's (younger) siblings. Completely unexpected. Been visiting some family and trying to help out with some stuff (mostly my wife and daughter due to my back issues).

Been a really rough month.
    Prayers outgoing For comfort and healing. Hate to hear of things like this.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Dealing with the second loss of close family member in the last month or so. This time one of my wife's (younger) siblings. Completely unexpected. Been visiting some family and trying to help out with some stuff (mostly my wife and daughter due to my back issues).

Hang tough, WS. My sympathies to you and your family.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

You are not alone.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy

You are not alone.

Pray the best for you both.

I haven't dealt with someone close passing but the recent announcement that the creator of "Dragon Ball" Akira Toriyama passed at the age of 68 really struck me to my core this month. I realized I haven't contacted my Japanese language mentor in almost 5 years. We have no rough feeling between each other but I had just been distant. I encourage anyone to reach out to someone important they haven't talked to in a while. I still have to get my passport and make it over there.:spend: Hopefully get to work there.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I haven't dealt with someone close passing but the recent announcement that the creator of "Dragon Ball" Akira Toriyama passed at the age of 68 really struck me to my core this month. I realized I haven't contacted my Japanese language mentor in almost 5 years. We have no rough feeling between each other but I had just been distant. I encourage anyone to reach out to someone important they haven't talked to in a while. I still have to get my passport and make it over there.:spend: Hopefully get to work there.
    Yeah, it's tough with distance even with all the means of communication we have today. Both sides of our family are generally 900 or so miles away. In Indiana it's just my wife, myself and my daughter as my son now lives in ATL.

Got to try and keep that contact where you can. Easier said than done for me. My wife is much better at it than I, but then she's the one who had the bigger extended family, while my side was very few.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    That said went to one of the well stocked LGS near where my brother lives and he was looking at the newer Scorpion 3 plus (?)

Anyone got the low down on these? Improvements since previous version etc?
    Sorry for your loss, WebSnyper. Buried a Vietnam combat veteran, who I served with before going to Iraq…. Funerals just suck.

CZ Scorpions (EVO 3s) I heard are discontinued…. Will probably go up in the next few years.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hostess cupcake on top of (3) scoops of "Death By Chocolate" !
    No regrets. :drool:

image000000%20-%202024-03-09T214122.202-L.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that and don’t want to mislead. I haven’t lost anyone recently.
    I know it can sound trite to say something like ‘I know what you’re feeling’ or whatever, so I try to avoid that kind of thing.
    I do know with the losses that have occurred around me, I have always appreciated that someone else has been there. So my intention was to encourage and lift up someone who might not normally post in the open about such things. It was more like ‘you have brothers here’.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Now on to better things!
    CZ!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Hostess cupcake on top of (3) scoops of "Death By Chocolate" !
    No regrets. :drool:

image000000%20-%202024-03-09T214122.202-L.jpg
    About a week ago or so we had this conversation around here about cutting sugar out.
    Don’t worry, you’re not really hurting my progress!
    I’m not doing all that good about it overall. A little better maybe, but not what I intended.
    That looks good and you should thoroughly enjoy it!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry for your loss, WebSnyper. Buried a Vietnam combat veteran, who I served with before going to Iraq…. Funerals just suck.

CZ Scorpions (EVO 3s) I heard are discontinued…. Will probably go up in the next few years.
    Thanks

We're looking at the newer 3+ model.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Never heard of those, what is the eating meat like?
    I’ve never had any, but it’s supposed to be very good.

My company entertains a lot of customers at a facility that they own. They feed them Nilgai, as a special treat.

Nilgai are large, wary animals. They generally shoot them with .338 Lapua, or .50 BMG, from a distance.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    We started using rubber at the range for the same reason. Much prefer the chain but they don't last long until someone hits them.

I have also heard firehose is a good compromise for movement and a little louder than heavy rubber. I have a request in for old hose but haven't seen any yet.
    Here's a link to my steel set up using firehose ... https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/shooting-steel-target.480097/#post-8270394

With .22LR and handguns, the small steel rings clear and moves (especially if hit off center). The big stuff just rings. With centerfire rifles, the small steel will swing around the center bar, and the big stuff will do likewise with larger calibers like 30-06.

My hanging system has gotten pretty beat up over the years because I use it to allow people attending basic rifle classes to experience higher caliber rifles, but is still running strong after more than 10 years of use. If only experienced shooters are using this type of rig, I expect that the stands should last even longer.

I do need to replenish my firehose supply, and have found this site that looks promising ... https://www.firehosesupply.com/collections/used-fire-hoses

The firehose lasts a good long time as the ends can be cut down when frayed and reattached to the steel. Like the rack, it will last a lot longer with people who know what they are about. When shooting it with jacketed loads, the copper fragments will embed themselves in the firehose ... always wear good leather gloves when working with firehose that has been shot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom