The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There were (6) of us (the limit) in the encounter. Several times, I was on one knee holding my camera with my right-hand .... and could have reached out and touched their noses with my left-hand.
    I was seriously concerned about momma getting upset, and driving that big horn through the barricade ! But,, the workers said "be cool", no touching, and of course be respectful of these magnificent animals. I'm glad that our small group was 'cool'!

3H4A2983%20copy-X3.jpg

3H4A2977%20copy-X4.jpg

My daughter with momma in the background.

3H4A2996%20copy-X2.jpg

Talk about baby-teeth ! .... this was within petting distance.
    Momma huffed .... I backed-up !!! :runaway:

3H4A3013%20copy-X3.jpg

Oh yeah ...... CZ !!!
    You know what you are dealing with when the fence keeping them in is made of log chain.;)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I think the parts look great, I love contrasting small parts. Just really says “custom” and a nice reminder that “I did that”, even if only for me.

The earlier parts you posted I noticed a bit of something that looked bubbly but didn’t know if it was surface imperfections or a spray issue.

I know it’s not in the instructions, but I have used scotch brite pads to smooth a surface that I wanted smoother.
    It usually ends up happening after the first blast, soak, and gas-out, I just soak it quick and blow it off and then paint, if I handled it with gloves.
    All 3 of those Dillon toolheads did that bubbling thing in the same area in the middle. Either some with the metal or the way I prepped and sprayed. I did not soak those parts in cleaner, just a simple cleaning and blasting. They do seem to have some porosity to them, cast aluminum, so maybe something was trapped somewhere?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well, it's together. Here's the bad. I sprayed too thick on the large parts. I took what Cerakote said a little too far about getting a good wet coat. I didnt have runs dripping onto the floor or anything, but I made the mistake of putting on two fairly heavy coats. This caused some minor buildup around the edges, which chipped during reassembly. The other issue the thick coating caused, was pretty much none of my parts fit together anymore, including my slide and frame. Hours and hours later, I got it all fitted and assembled by removing cerakote as needed (major pain in the arse). It looks good overall and I really love the look, but I will be repainting the slide and frame again in the future. I just need to use the same technique like I did on the small parts (two light coats).

The look and feel of the finish is nice and I'm happy with the results. The negatives aren't bad enough currently for me to not enjoy the gun.

1000006149.jpg 1000006150.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, it's together. Here's the bad. I sprayed too thick on the large parts. I took what Cerakote said a little too far about getting a good wet coat. I didnt have runs dripping onto the floor or anything, but I made the mistake of putting on two fairly heavy coats. This caused some minor buildup around the edges, which chipped during reassembly. The other issue the thick coating caused, was pretty much none of my parts fit together anymore, including my slide and frame. Hours and hours later, I got it all fitted and assembled by removing cerakote as needed (major pain in the arse). It looks good overall and I really love the look, but I will be repainting the slide and frame again in the future. I just need to use the same technique like I did on the small parts (two light coats).

The look and feel of the finish is nice and I'm happy with the results. The negatives aren't bad enough currently for me to not enjoy the gun.

View attachment 347017 View attachment 347018

I appreciate you posting up the process, and the trials along the way.

Got a new name for the gun yet? The Black Knight?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    It’s a process and will get better. Here is a quick pic of shark as promised and the color it looks today. It goes from green to blue to purple. I’ll try to get a pic where it looks purple too. The finish is slick like glass.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There were (6) of us (the limit) in the encounter. Several times, I was on one knee holding my camera with my right-hand .... and could have reached out and touched their noses with my left-hand.
    I was seriously concerned about momma getting upset, and driving that big horn through the barricade ! But,, the workers said "be cool", no touching, and of course be respectful of these magnificent animals. I'm glad that our small group was 'cool'!

3H4A2983%20copy-X3.jpg

3H4A2977%20copy-X4.jpg

My daughter with momma in the background.

3H4A2996%20copy-X2.jpg

Talk about baby-teeth ! .... this was within petting distance.
    Momma huffed .... I backed-up !!! :runaway:

3H4A3013%20copy-X3.jpg

Oh yeah ...... CZ !!!
    Amazing pics as always MM

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Here's the bad pics. Tight fitting parts and too thick of paint do not play well together. Why do I post mistakes? Because I want to share all of the experience, not just the good stuff, the bad is important too.
    You learn by doing. I'm personally very impressed by everything you have accomplished in this endeavor. "Only a lazy ass never makes a mistake"

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    With the exception of Spicy's fabulous 2011 project, you gangsters have been very quiet today ! Everyone cleaning guns ?

Get on with CZ, or I'm going to display some nasty Rhino Butt !!! ;)

3H4A2980%20copy-X2.jpg

She's never more than 3' apart from the baby.
    It really is heartwarming.

HEY .... where has bcannon been ? He's been missing for a few days. :dunno:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    With the exception of Spicy's fabulous 2011 project, you gangsters have been very quiet today ! Everyone cleaning guns ?

Get on with CZ, or I'm going to display some nasty Rhino Butt !!! ;)

3H4A2980%20copy-X2.jpg

She's never more than 3' apart from the baby.
    It really is heartwarming.

HEY .... where has bcannon been ? He's been missing for a few days. :dunno:

BC is home doing ok. He had family staying for several days.

To your nasty rhino butt, here's some male cat butt hind end.

20240403_194524.jpg

Poor thing was recently neutered. He can't even cover himself with his stub of a tail.

Top Bottom