The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If he gets a chance to fly with Cape Air to build time as opposed to building time as an instructor, tell him to seriously consider it. That was the best thing my son could have done. It may delay his entry into the big jets by a half a year but his experience level is so much higher. The thousand hours he flew over the last year has been filled with flying into and out of airports like O'Hare, Boston, JFK and Saint Louis. He has hundreds of hours of real instrument time and is totally comfortable with the workload needed to work the big airports.

There's not much money in that year but it's a fantastic year of experience. He's now living in Cape Cod working 4 on, 3 off flying UPS drivers back and forth between Hyannis and Nantucket. He took a week of vacation time and jump seated over to Rome to spend 5 days just wandering around Italy. Eventually, the money catches up with them but the real experience is fantastic as an entry into the world of aviation.

If he wants, I can send my son's contact info to you to let the two of them get in contact with each other. Is your nephew flying with Lift?
    I think so.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not at all...I find the observance of astrological events fascinating. We are but a speck on a speck on an atom on a cog in a wheel of a much larger machine than we can imagine.
    HortonHearsAWhoFeat.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Horton. One of Philosophy’s greatest Commenters.

″‘Should I put this speck down? . . .’ Horton thought with alarm. ‘If I do, these small persons may come to great harm. I *can’t* put it down. And I *won’t!* After all A person’s a person. No matter how small.‘”

“ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, ‘Act swiftly awesome pachyderm!”

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

″‘Should I put this speck down? . . .’ Horton thought with alarm. ‘If I do, these small persons may come to great harm. I *can’t* put it down. And I *won’t!* After all A person’s a person. No matter how small.‘”

"Boil that dust speck! Boil that dust speck!"

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Man, what an awesome quote.

The Bible, any book by Dr. Seuss, 'The Tao of Pooh', 'The Te of Piglet', 'Zen and the Art of Motorcylce Maintenance', 'One Flew Over the Cockoos Nest', and many more books speak to how we should behave while we are alive.

Movies like 'Zorba the Greek' and 'Cool Hand Luke' do the same.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

The Bible, any book by Dr. Seuss, 'The Tao of Pooh', 'The Te of Piglet', 'Zen and the Art of Motorcylce Maintenance', 'One Flew Over the Cockoos Nest', and many more books speak to how we should behave while we are alive.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I had a philosophy course in college that spent an entire semester on just that book.

Never seen either movie though.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

I had a philosophy course in college that spent an entire semester on just that book.

Never seen either movie though.
    I get you might not have seen 'Zorba the Greek'. But never seen 'Cool Hand Luke' ?!? How is this possible?

Maybe at the next Gala Event, we need to reserve some time for bourbon and movies!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

Apparently, Dr. Seuss was racist and now there are many schools/districts that won't read his books or celebrate "Seuss Day" and dress up or whatever. The Mrs knows more about than I do...

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Apparently, Dr. Seuss was racist and now there are many schools/districts that won't read his books or celebrate "Seuss Day" and dress up or whatever. The Mrs knows more about than I do...
    Well, they're wrong ... better not type what I'm thinking at the moment ... no need to get myself banned for other's stupidity.

Top Bottom