The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @mcapo

You still looking for a P-06? This is labeled as a 75 Compact but looks like a P-06. I’m not sure how much the difference in name and stamping affects the collector value but thought I’d point it out.

Interesting. I’d like a steel frame compact but [mention]Born2vette [/mention] made me buy ammo.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hmm...

Savage Mark II

Good seller. Bought a mil surp from him a few years back.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hmm...

Savage Mark II

New one for less $$...but without scope.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Trying something new?

I did something old. I wanted a $19 vertical grip from Midway. I needed $99 for free shipping and ammo to get decent shipping. The result was $200 added to the order for 200 rounds of 300blk.

I thought that was the way we did it. You young guys are always trying to change things.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I did something old. I wanted a $19 vertical grip from Midway. I needed $99 for free shipping and ammo to get decent shipping. The result was $200 added to the order for 200 rounds of 300blk.

I thought that was the way we did it. You young guys are always trying to change things.
    That's just the way we old guys roll!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hmm...

Savage Mark II

I'd get the Ruger American Rimfire b4 the Savage. Just my preference. I haven't always had good luck with Savage.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    @mcapo

You still looking for a P-06? This is labeled as a 75 Compact but looks like a P-06. I’m not sure how much the difference in name and stamping affects the collector value but thought I’d point it out.

Morning folks!

That is not a P06, but it is on the rare side. It was CZs first attempt at a compact. 40 and there were issues in their design choices. They used a standard weight 9mm slide and tried to accommodate the extra power by cutting the spring house short to allow additional travel.

That makes it a bit problematic in that it is difficult to find a spring heavy enough, but with a wire gage thin enough to prevent spring bind. A flat wire 24# would be perfect but I've never found one with the right diameter to fit inside the spring house.

Mine will run about 200 to 300 rounds on a 24# spring before it ruins the spring. My solution was to buy a 40P slide and run it with that. The 40P used a heavier slide as later .40 CZs do.

It is a cool gun though and it really is somewhat rare. I don't know about the military/ police story, as I thought that they were imported normally

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm looking for a threaded barrel for the new TSV can.
    I had one of those MKII FVSR rifles many years ago. It was very accurate even with bulk ammo, but the chamber was tight and made for difficult extraction. That could have been just a rare issue or maybe an easy fix.

I'll throw this out there too, the Savage Rascal single shot .22 is more fun than you would think and I'm pretty sure they make a threaded barrel version.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I had one of those MKII FVSR rifles many years ago. It was very accurate even with bulk ammo, but the chamber was tight and made for difficult extraction. That could have been just a rare issue or maybe an easy fix.

I'll throw this out there too, the Savage Rascal single shot .22 is more fun than you would think and I'm pretty sure they make a threaded barrel version.
    I thought about a rascal for the kids, but already have an old hand me down single shot that I'll put them behind.

Top Bottom