The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have not researched nor run one of these, but price seems good, uses DPP footprint and 3moa dot.

@ditcherman could probably chime in.

https://modernwarriors.com/product/eflx3-red-3moa-dot-mini-reflex

View attachment 352154
    Yea.
    I have two of them, same footprint as my Romeo’s, which I’m a big fan of.
    Both of them had gotten sent back shortly after new, and they’re holding up well now, although I haven’t been shooting as much lately.
    I think the Tactical was very hard on them for some reason.
    I can not in good conscience recommend them from a durability standpoint. I’m happy with my Romeo’s, if that tells you anything (many people aren’t!)
    But I’ll keep running/trying them.
    I’ll have two with me Wednesday.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Dang it this hurts!!

So, after working on my FJ til about 1:30 or so, while taking a few peeks outside for the northern lights, finally pull up a chair to a nice bed of coals and enjoy the show til about 3:30.
    On the way in dog charges across the yard after something, starts tussling with a raccoon. She’s 60-70 pounds of go-get-em, but this is a big coon.
    I get too close and the coon gets me!
    Scariest thing I’ve had happen in a while. Into a 20 hour day and this coon has me mostly by the pants right above my boot and I’m trying to shake it off! Mostly by the pants but I end up with a decent puncture on my shin.
    Go in clean it up, peroxide, shower, laying in bed googleing about rabies and thinking about 21 shots in the stomach vs grandkids here and more on the way, and everything else the future holds, and I’m thinking ‘meh, I think that coon looked pretty healthy’.

Wife won’t have any part of that!

Just got like 6 shots all over, shin, legs arms, and have to get a few more over the coming days.
    Muscles are aching now!

Stupid should hurt.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dang it this hurts!!

So, after working on my FJ til about 1:30 or so, while taking a few peeks outside for the northern lights, finally pull up a chair to a nice bed of coals and enjoy the show til about 3:30.
    On the way in dog charges across the yard after something, starts tussling with a raccoon. She’s 60-70 pounds of go-get-em, but this is a big coon.
    Scariest thing I’ve had happen in a while. Into a 20 hour day and this coon has me mostly by the pants right above my boot and I’m trying to shake it off! Mostly by the pants but I end up with a decent puncture on my shin.
    Go in clean it up, peroxide, shower, laying in bed googleing about rabies and thinking about 21 shots in the stomach vs grandkids here and more on the way, and everything else the future holds, and I’m thinking ‘meh, I think that coon looked pretty healthy’.

Just got like 6 shots all over, shin, legs arms, and have to get a few more over the coming days.
    Muscles are aching now!

Stupid should hurt.
    I just pull my edc out and shoot them if in that situation.
    My dog has distemper and rabies shot I don't. ;). He's also over 100lbs as well. He just over powers them.
    You are doing the right thing. Get them shots.

Now to make you feel better here's a CZ 75b deal.

$500

Edit: found another decent deal on CZ.

$650

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Dang it this hurts!!

Muscles are aching now!

Stupid should hurt.
    Wow. I can sure relate...I was mowing at my Mom's last night....got bit by a mosquito...

We both live in a world of danger.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I just pull my edc out and shoot them if in that situation.
    My dog has distemper and rabies shot I don't. ;). He's also over 100lbs as well. He just over powers them.
    You are doing the right thing. Get them shots.

Now to make you feel better here's a CZ 75b deal.

$500

Edit: found another decent deal on CZ.

$650
    I would chase down a coon to kill it, in the daytime. But this guy was right where he was suppose to be, out in the middle of the night. I thought about it when she was chasing him and she treed him on top of a fence post, but decided against it.

And at 3:30 in the morning in my own yard, just between the two of us, I wasn’t carrying.
    Tonight - you betcha.

ETA; I can’t afford any guns! Heck I can’t even afford to buy Doritos! Does anyone have a recipe for Doritos made from raccoon?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back when I lived in the burbs my son and I were returning from dinner one evening and found a raccoon on the front porch that refused to leave or back down, so drawing my S&W 49 I put a 38 WC in it and it staggered off the porch. My son goes home and I am working on the Charger in the garage when I see a face in the window flashing a badge at me. I go outside and find the sheriff with a few deputies in my driveway. He asks if I fired a gun and I said yes describing the incident with the raccoon just as a deputy arrives from the direction of the front porch saying a raccoon is blocking the front door. Sheriff tells the deputy to shoot the raccoon and now more serious sounding gunfire rattles the neighborhood. Cops all wanted a look at the Charger which lightened the evenings mood.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

Wednesday

Wednesday: A slight chance of showers between 8am and 2pm.  Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. North wind around 11 mph.  Chance of precipitation is 20%.

High: 73 °F

Slight Chance
    Showers

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Back when I lived in the burbs my son and I were returning from dinner one evening and found a raccoon on the front porch that refused to leave or back down, so drawing my S&W 49 I put a 38 WC in it and it staggered off the porch. My son goes home and I am working on the Charger in the garage when I see a face in the window flashing a badge at me. I go outside and find the sheriff with a few deputies in my driveway. He asks if I fired a gun and I said yes describing the incident with the raccoon just as a deputy arrives from the direction of the front porch saying a raccoon is blocking the front door. Sheriff tells the deputy to shoot the raccoon and now more serious sounding gunfire rattles the neighborhood. Cops all wanted a look at the Charger which lightened the evenings mood.
    Poor raccoons are just misunderstood animals.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would chase down a coon to kill it, in the daytime. But this guy was right where he was suppose to be, out in the middle of the night. I thought about it when she was chasing him and she treed him on top of a fence post, but decided against it.

And at 3:30 in the morning in my own yard, just between the two of us, I wasn’t carrying.
    Tonight - you betcha.

ETA; I can’t afford any guns! Heck I can’t even afford to buy Doritos! Does anyone have a recipe for Doritos made from raccoon?
    That's why I carry an edc light. My current edc light fits in my pocket is around 1k lumens.
    It is more flood than spot light. Which IMO in a self defense situation might be more handy.
    My current edc light. The orange one in case I drop it in the woods. Easier to find.
    https://www.olightstore.com/arkfeld-flat-flashlight

20240511_141858.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    That's why I carry an edc light. My current edc light fits in my pocket is around 1k lumens.
    It is more flood than spot light. Which IMO in a self defense situation might be more handy.
    My current edc light. The orange one in case I drop it in the woods. Easier to find.
    https://www.olightstore.com/arkfeld-flat-flashlight

View attachment 352174
    What I meant was, I would chase down a coon in the daytime because he is not supposed to be there, and there’s a high probability that he sick. I would go out of my way to kill him in the daytime, to eliminate rabies spread.
    I use my Fenix PD35 tac multiple times a day working on equipment, etc, and definitely had it out last night. This guy was right where he was supposed to be, in the night.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    What I meant was, I would chase down a coon in the daytime because he is not supposed to be there, and there’s a high probability that he sick. I would go out of my way to kill him in the daytime, to eliminate rabies spread.
    I use my Fenix PD35 tac multiple times a day working on equipment, etc, and definitely had it out last night. This guy was right where he was supposed to be, in the night.
    But he was a biter .... a dog biterr, a person biter !
    I'd hate to get all of those shots, DM. Hang Tough CZicko !!!

Top Bottom