• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    After reading all the info on the forum and seeing pictures of them I have a bad feeling a 2075rami is coming home here very soon. There's just something about that gun that's calling my name badly. I blame you guys lol

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After reading all the info on the forum and seeing pictures of them I have a bad feeling a 2075rami is coming home here very soon. There's just something about that gun that's calling my name badly. I blame you guys lol

We accept the blame and pass you some :koolaid:

Don't own it anymore, but since you're thinking about a RAMI:

Rami_zpsceciqau9.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Good choice. I don't go anywhere without mine. :koolaid:

And just because I love this pic so much.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! I need :coffee:, but can't do the caffine due to high blood pressure. Ugh!

Pardon me guys. I was wondering if I could sneak a question in? I have never had a pistol with a decocker. I bought my CZ 75 compact with the regular safety. Do most of you carry a pistol with a decocker? Always having revolvers and 1911 type pistols, I just got used to dropping the hammer the old fashioned way. I am thinking about adding a Rami and thought I would get your opinions.

All of my CZs were manual safety style until I bought the 40P off of WTB. BA is right, they are more of a PITA to work on, but that really does not cost you much if you are smart and have the Wizard do your tuning for you. Right now, my thought is that any new CZ will be a decocker style. The shape of the CZ safety does not inspire confidence in my ability to flick it off if needed. The decocker solves that issue for me.

I don't use either device. I always manually drop the hammer. It's just a habit I don't think about anymore. The decockers are slightly more difficult to work on. Other than that, I see no real difference unless you plan on carrying cocked and locked. I carry everything at half cock.

This is what I do when I carry my non-decoker CZs. Once tuned, the trigger pull from the half cock notch is quite good.

I never have gotten completely comfortable with a de-cocker. 1911 guy as well.
    Just make sure it is pointed safely if you us the function.

I wish there was an extended, paddle style safety option for a CZ as there is on 1911s. All of my carry 1911s have the big safety and I've practiced with it enough to make flicking it off second nature. If I did not have 1911s, I'd probably be happier with the CZ safety, but I'm too used to the big paddle safety on the 1911 and am not confident that I'd hit the smaller safety on the CZ as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom