Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I purchased new mag extension along with the spring/follower for my CZ P09/9mm from CZ Custom. For those considering it I will tell you that I don't think it is worth the money. It cost me $38 for the extension and $16.90 for the spring/follower. This was supposed to take the capacity of the 9mm mags from 19 to 24. After installation I have run this thing several times and it seems to function fine. The drawbacks are that it does not hold the slide open on the last round, which CZ Custom admitted in their product description. Also, no matter how hard I have tried, including using my Uplula, I cannot get the 24th round in the magazine. It just won't go. So, with one in the chamber, it maxes out at 24 rather than 25. Anyway, the cost is more than the cost of a new 19 round magazine and, for me, it just isn't worth it. As I said, I have used it several times and it has functioned fine but there is just something about how the spring is so compressed and the follower, when empty, doesn't even rise all the way to the feed lips. I just don't have confidence in it. So, I won't be wasting any more money on that particular upgrade. Just my :twocents:. Have a nice CZ day. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning everyone! :coffee:

Glad to see you back BA!

I'd love to do a range trip this weekend, but need to crank out ammo instead. The coffers are dry for .45 loaded ammo, but the supplies are good enough to give me at least another 500 rounds with a bit of work.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning everyone! :coffee:

Glad to see you back BA!

I'd love to do a range trip this weekend, but need to crank out ammo instead. The coffers are dry for .45 loaded ammo, but the supplies are good enough to give me at least another 500 rounds with a bit of work.

I don't have nearly the stores I'd like. Only about 1300 rounds each of 9mm and .45 and a case of .223 coming. I buy .40 as I need it, as I can't afford to keep that caliber stocked as well... :(

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I always hate making the range trip by myself, but once I'm there, I am glad I did it. I get more serious practice in when I'm not socializing or worrying about impressing anyone.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As much as I love doing range trips with friends, I need to do solo trips once in a while just to focus on what I'm doing. Solo range trips are more training then fun for me. But, it really is hard to beat a range trip with friends.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back. Fun trip. The 40P ran well, but did get one failure to go into battery. Was very odd, but it was just that one. CCO run well, as did the AR. Need to practice at a distance more. Took the target out to 15 yards and was doing okay, but could have done better. All in all a good trip and I needed it :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As my eye sight is becoming less reliable I am working more on silhouette point shooting.

One day I can see just fine. The next day maybe not so well for target shooting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom