Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'll be manning the camera, so don't worry about one for me.

I decided to switch gears on the pre-B tonight and installed an SA trigger on it. No problem with the DA sear catching when the disconnector has been removed altogether. I had forgotten I had an SA trigger for that gun until I posted the photos yesterday and saw it with the SA trigger installed. I'm happy with the results right now. The SA trigger is breaking right at around 2 lbs, which for a target gun, is where I want it.

I've decided to return the Beast to SAO also. It won't happen before the shoot. It has to wait in line for other projects to be completed.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning BA.
    I'm working second shift today, but still got up early to hit the gym, trying to keep momentum going.

I have a shipment from Greg Cote and CGW due today and tomorrow. Just in time for the meetup.

I think I will visit a couple of LGS today. I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :coffee: Morning BA.
    I'm working second shift today, but still got up early to hit the gym, trying to keep momentum going.

I have a shipment from Greg Cote and CGW due today and tomorrow. Just in time for the meetup.

I think I will visit a couple of LGS today. I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket. :)
    Morning, T-D. Nothing better than cruising the gun shops with a pocket full of money.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good morning, early risers. I can't even engage my brain this early in the day. :patriot:

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If anyone is interested in a pair of VZ grips for the compact size CZ (75 compact, P-01, PCR), I have the set that was on my P-01 that I'll likely sell. Hyena Brown Tactical Diamonds. Here's a pic of the P-01 with them on. Would rather sell them here in our little group if possible. If not I'll throw them in the classies.

Cajun%20Goodness_zpsqnxkipkj.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Hey Tom, I might be interested in those. Those would be perfect for the 40P, once I get it back. How much do you want for them?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've decided to return the Beast to SAO also. It won't happen before the shoot. It has to wait in line for other projects to be completed.

I liked the SAO trigger when I had it in the gun before, but then I decided to go back to the DA/SA setup for carry. I think I've carried the gun twice in the 3 years since making that change and realized that with the new pre-B, I don't have to worry about carrying the gun. With the race hammer and sear, it's pretty much a range only gun now, but I'm fine with that.

I need to build a sear jig for the CZ similar to the one I have for the 1911. I like the pre-B spur hammers and am thinking that I can get a good trigger by reducing the height of the hooks, changing the sear angle to match the race sear. All of that is easy and common when tuning a 1911 and given a good setup, can be done on the CZs too. I have a feeling that this recent pre-B is not my last one bought. The things really are addictive. I wish I had bought a couple of the Argentinian Colt 1911s when they were available for similar money a year or so back.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I liked the SAO trigger when I had it in the gun before, but then I decided to go back to the DA/SA setup for carry. I think I've carried the gun twice in the 3 years since making that change and realized that with the new pre-B, I don't have to worry about carrying the gun. With the race hammer and sear, it's pretty much a range only gun now, but I'm fine with that.

I need to build a sear jig for the CZ similar to the one I have for the 1911. I like the pre-B spur hammers and am thinking that I can get a good trigger by reducing the height of the hooks, changing the sear angle to match the race sear. All of that is easy and common when tuning a 1911 and given a good setup, can be done on the CZs too. I have a feeling that this recent pre-B is not my last one bought. The things really are addictive. I wish I had bought a couple of the Argentinian Colt 1911s when they were available for similar money a year or so back.

The Wizard is considering doing the same thing. He wants a transitional pre-B so he can change the sights, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom