Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So what's everyone's guess as to the total value of all the guns on the tables today? I'm not sure but I think $30K would be a bit low.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Most of the way home the wife was saying what a great time she had. After her shooting some of CM's 1911's I know I'm in trouble. First Birds has cost me some cash now it's Mouse's turn. I must say it was some great company today. Even Rusty impressed her, he is a great young man. Travis impressed her also. She is as great judge of character so that really says something. Great food, great company, great guns....we are truly blessed....

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Thank you everyone for getting together during your time off. I really enjoyed shooting all of the wonderful weapons we had in attendance. It was nice to see familiar faces again and also some new ones. We have a good group of people here. I look forward to the next meetup.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Most of the way home the wife was saying what a great time she had. After her shooting some of CM's 1911's I know I'm in trouble. First Birds has cost me some cash now it's Mouse's turn. I must say it was some great company today. Even Rusty impressed her, he is a great young man. Travis impressed her also. She is as great judge of character so that really says something. Great food, great company, great guns....we are truly blessed....

Thank you for the kind words. You and your wife are great people. Rusty and I enjoyed your company today. I do want to apologize for being somewhat of a potty mouth, sometimes the filter between the brain and mouth is broken. I hope I didn't offend either of you. I get a lititle amped up when I start discussing some of my family issues. So again sorry for that.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rusty is still alive! Just made it home. It was a pleasure to see everyone again and to meet a couple of you for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and want to thank everyone again.

Chris, I really enjoyed talking with you and your wife. I'm sorry you had to sit next to Travis....:):

Allen, if you read this, you do some amazing work! I'm glad I finally got to meet you, have wanted to for awhile. You've got me thinking about a 10 or 40 and I swore I'd never buy another 40....

Great day. Hope everyone can recover. ;)

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Thank you for the kind words. You and your wife are great people. Rusty and I enjoyed your company today. I do want to apologize for being somewhat of a potty mouth, sometimes the filter between the brain and mouth is broken. I hope I didn't offend either of you. I get a lititle amped up when I start discussing some of my family issues. So again sorry for that.
    No apologizing is necessary, Henri and I enjoyed your company and hope to see you both again..

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It really was about as good a day as you can have. As for the value of the hardware on the tables? I think Chris's guess is probably the closer to the number. I added what I brought up and my motley bunch is conservatively valued at about $7500 for the 11 of them. I think there were guns there that would be worth half that much for just the one gun, so there was a huge bunch of money in the toys we got to play with today.

There are a couple that I really want to add to the collection now. A P01 is going to have to be added to the collection soon, but I really liked Losey's P07 too. For the fun factor, the .22 1911s is hard to beat, and one of them makes more sense in my collection than the P22 I have that hasn't been shot in a couple of years. There were so many good guns to shoot, I'm still kicking myself for not having put at least a magazine through each and every one of them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Who got a picture of Barry with his sign?

I think I got one. I'll check tomorrow as I'm heading to bed!

It really was about as good a day as you can have. As for the value of the hardware on the tables? I think Chris's guess is probably the closer to the number. I added what I brought up and my motley bunch is conservatively valued at about $7500 for the 11 of them. I think there were guns there that would be worth half that much for just the one gun, so there was a huge bunch of money in the toys we got to play with today.

There are a couple that I really want to add to the collection now. A P01 is going to have to be added to the collection soon, but I really liked Losey's P07 too. For the fun factor, the .22 1911s is hard to beat, and one of them makes more sense in my collection than the P22 I have that hasn't been shot in a couple of years. There were so many good guns to shoot, I'm still kicking myself for not having put at least a magazine through each and every one of them.

You have me wanting to eventually pick up a Sig P938. What model is yours?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well.....AlenM has planted another seed in my warped little mind.
    That 10mm BobTail he was working with has gotten my attention.
    Thing is with all the other projects I have in the works right now I will have to sell something if I want to make this happen.
    As much as I truly like it my "SP01" Phantom might be that candidate.
    If I keep the 97 I can still come to the CZickness shoots yes..............:dunno:

As to worth......Investment versus actual worth.....HHHhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom